chapter 2 - the heartbreak

So this chapter is dedicated to one of my followers who commented on the first chapter.  I hope you enjoy this ...
amaantheincredible

  I thanked the lady and went to my seat. Greg was still unaware of my presence and had his head bowed down. So , I cleared my throat and mumbled a 'hey'!!. He looked up. One look at his face and the world seemed to stop around me.

  I knew something was up with him. He looked pale and nervous. His eyes held an emotion that I couldn't quite decipher. All in all, he looked tired and worn out.

"Hi " he replied smiling which I knew was a forced one. But I decided to play along and sat down. I knew he would spill it out to me.. I was giving him the space and time.

We were both silent for while and the situation was getting worser. In an attempt to stop the deafening silence that was enveloping us , I asked " ..so..how was your trip??"
"It was fun..thanks" . He said still looking lost.
"I missed you" the moment the words came out my mouth, I regretted saying it because he was still sitting expressionless like it didn't bother him anymore. Does that mean he didn't miss me?? Why is he silent??

The silence was getting very awkward and I found it hard to stay calm. So , I did the best thing possible and voiced out my thoughts  .
" What's wrong Greg? ...you don't seem too well"
He shook his head " No ,I'm alright. It's just the tiresome journey" all the time , he was avoiding my eyes and I knew him well enough to understand he was lying.
And I knew I was done with his silent treatment.

" See Greg, I get it you don't feel to open up. But I can't stand seeing you so...so lost.
Do me a favour and just tell me what's bothering you." I pleaded .

He had no emotions when he plainly said " I'm fine Lea , stop overacting.."
I was starting to lose my temper and I tried hard to suppress it.  " Really Greg! Of all people , you are lying to me. You know me so well to understand that I didn't buy a single lie you said . I'm done with the lies. For God's sake ,just tell me what the hell is going on."

He took a deep breath before the words came out.
" Fine Lea . Just don't make this harder for me .  just listen and try to understand "
" Okay! Just start speaking already. " I said my patience wearing thin.
"I'm tired with this drama Lea. I really am. I can't stand it anymore. I'm done with this freaking relationship!!"
The way he said 'relationship ' , I felt something shot through my heart. But I didn't speak a word. I don't want to jump into conclusions.

" Every time  I get this feeling, something keeps telling me that it's gonna be okay. But I'm tired of this . Let's just end this Lea and be ourselves for once . I'm sorry if I'm hurting you. Let just end this for good. " He said and without waiting for me to respond , mumbled a 'bye' and. Left.

I sat there ,how long, I had no idea. It was only when the lady shook me , I woke up from the daze. " I'm afraid it's closing time, young lady. Good day!! " She said.

I nodded and left.