ix. thirst

dust filled his nostrils as soon as he stepped upon the room of what was supposed to be his classmate's room. his eyes scanned the area; it was nicer than what he had on his head. maybe it was just him being judgemental but it wasn't important at the current situation. what was substantial, is that unusual scent coming off from somewhere that was definitely from inside the room as it was strong enough to make his nose hurt.

his nose crimped as he tried to adjust his sense of smell to the scent. moments after walking and checking the small figurines on top of her study table, his eyes caught something that screamed to be opened, as if it will have all the answers to all of what was happening.

he lifted his foot, careful not making a ruckus, gently walking towards the closet of his classmate. the closet seemed normal, it was painted white originally but the time may have put a slight yellow tint to it. handles were cold, a sign that no one has touched it since whenever.

a bunch of clothes greeted his sight. he started rummaging through the clothes neatly hung up and what he saw made him think that the girl was really well off. or at least, had a high paying part time job.

these clothes screamed gold and he can't wrap the thought in his head that a high schooler in middle class can afford all of those.

he moved on to another section of his classmate's belongings: the drawer. it contained mostly underwear, some lingerie and a pouch that somehow looked like it didn't belong there. he grabbed the pouch before sitting on the edge of the bed, eyes hungry to see what was inside the small bag.

he unzipped it and to his dismay, it was just a bunch of sanitary napkins and some tampons. he checked again, removing all of the contents. a smirk formed on his lips as he found what he was looking for.