Chapter 33 - Your name

Start from the beginning

"Actually, I noticed this morning that most of the family was particularly excited about something."

"The Mehendi function, genius."

"No, Bhai. It's not about Mehendi. Di was literally shaking in delight. When asked, she simply said to keep NK Bhai occupied, like talk to him or something, while the function goes on."

"Well, that's why we're here, aren't we?"

"Even the great ASR attempts to lighten his annoying brother's mood," chuckled Akash.

"Yet no response."

Akash and Arnav spent some more time trying to make NK better but not at all succeeding as he just replied by giving uninterested monosyllabic answers.

HP knocked on the door, "Bhaiyya, you all can come down now."

"What? Is it over already?" said Arnav.

"It seems so, Bhaiyya," answered HP, unsure.

"Don't you know what '3 hours' is?" mocked Arnav, annoyed.

While leaving, Akash asked, "NK Bhai, aren't you coming down with us?"

"No."

"Come on, brother! Everyone is here. They'll ask for you."

"I'm tired."

"Weren't you the one who was exhilarated and over-excited, other than Khushi, about my wedding? What, suddenly not interested in participating in your Nannav's wedding?" said Arnav.

NK was silent.

"Now are you coming down or not?" he said sternly.

NK took his time to reply, "Give me 5 minutes. I'll be down."

"Good," said Arnav, as he went down with Akash.

One hour had passed, NK did not move from his room. He was rummaging in his room, collecting things that were filled with the memories of Lavanya and placed them on his bed, reliving the pleasant incidents. A particular shimmering object caught his attention, a golden gun. He was transported to the memory when he and Lavanya were strolling through the city.

"Whoa.... Look! How cool is that gun?" said Lavanya.

Laughing, NK asked, "Wait, what do you need a gun for, anyway?"

"I've always wanted to be like Lara Croft from the Tomb Rider, a total badass B who can take on the world single-handed! And when crooks attack me, I will be able to protect myself. My all-time fantasy, that is!"

"Alright, cowboy! Lemme get you your weapon," chuckled NK.

"No, that's just a toy. I want a real gun. Maybe I will get a license for a real gun soon," she headed forward, muttering to herself. "Why didn't I think of that before?"

NK gave a mirthless laugh recalling it. He bought that gun without her knowledge as a token of remembrance of her wild avatar.

"Oh, I love you, my tomboy," he collapsed on the bed, all the items surrounding him.

A knock on the door disrupted him.

"I'm coming out! Give me some time!"

But the knocking grew louder and aggressive.

Grunting, irritated at the disturbance, he made his way to the door and said, "Can you stop banging on the door!"

"I now can since you have moved your lazy bum," said Lavanya, grinning at him.