Chapter 8 - Helpless

Payash came back from their honeymoon. Things developed between them and they were no more shy around each other. Akash came out of his 'Payal-ji' to just 'Payal' but she was still stuck at 'Akash-ji'. They were now more comfortable and feel blessed to have each other as life partners.

Payal was feeling guilty for hiding about Shyam from Akash. If not the whole family, at least she must tell her husband. Hiding something was never good in relationships. Getting back, she decided to discuss with Guptas and put an end-card to Shyam, not willing to risk anyone's life.

In those 10 days, NK had showed Shyam what's hell called, not giving him any chance to move out of his bed, let alone his room. Poor Raizadas were so worried for him that they kept performing many Poojas for Shyam's health. Feeling pity, NK gave a break to his hoaxes for some time.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Anjali, Nani, Mami and Mama were seated in the hall talking about nothing in particular, waiting for Payash to return. They noticed NK coming attired in formal way. Now, this was unlike their cool NK!

"Hello Hai Bye Bye! NK bitwa, yeh kya dress up kiye ho? (Why are you dressed up like this?)" Mami asked him.

NK, "Well actually Masi, It's my friend's sister's engagement and I've completely forgotten about it. He'll kill me if I don't go and sorry for not informing you all earlier. As the venue is in the outskirts of Delhi, I'll come back tomorrow."

"Go Bitwa, and convey our wishes to the couple." Nani said with her usual smile.

"Thanks Dadiji." Saying that, he sat beside Anjali.

"Aren't you going?" Mama asked.

"Well, let Akash and Payal bhabi come. I will leave after teasing them." Nk said, winking.

"Badmash ho tum! (You are naughty.)" Mama said, laughing lightly.

"NK bhai, I must agree, you look very handsome in this formal attire." Anjali said.

"Well, thank you Di." He said.

Soon they heard a car halting, and found Arnav, Akash and Payal coming. Arnav left for his room while Nani was doing Aarthi to Payash. A good thing developed was that when NK or Anjali teased them, Payash did not shy away to the extreme. Honeymoon did bring change in them!

"Diii, please take care of yourself!!!" Nk yelled looking at Payal, conveying the unsaid message.

Payal nodded at him. Smiling back, he left. Mami wondered whether her dear nephew had lost his eyesight or got a squint.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Here in Arnav's room, he was working in his laptop in a rocket speed so that he could finish his work, entrust the next day's work to Akash and fly to his lady love's place. He knew that it was immoderate to crush Akash with work right after he came back from his honeymoon, but what to do? It had been 10 days since he saw Khushi. He couldn't wait to go to her, tease her, provoke her and flirt with her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

HP opened the door to find a barely controlled anger Khushi. She took steps forward furiously but halted seeing everyone chatting freely in the drawing room. Seeing her sister, her anger faded a bit, and she rushed to Payal.

"Jijiii!!" Khushi hugged Payal. Everyone smiled seeing the two sisters. "I missed you, Jiji."

"I missed you too, Khushi." Payal said, breaking the hug.