Chapter Thirty-One: Suicidal Team

Start from the beginning

"Not so fast, witch." Jiwon, the leader of the Wolf Clan commented. "And where do you think you're going with that boy and worse, the Cup?" He smiled menacingly.

"Get back, Jisoo." Taeyong pulled Jisoo behind him, shielding her against the eyes of their predators.

"Jisoo? Did I hear him right? The Kim Jisoo who I've been hearing about?" Eugene, the Vampire Clan's leader showed herself in front of them, scanning the girl behind Taeyong. "Well things are just getting better and better!"

"You mean the target's girl?" Jiwon's face came to realize.

Taeyong grimaced by the topic. He knew something was going to happen and it involved Jisoo. He took a quick glace to the girl standing behind him and he cursed silently when he realized what state they're into now. He wasn't in a good condition to fight them head on and Jisoo was still concentrating on protecting the Cup on her hand.

"This might not be a good time but—" Jisoo whispered. "In the end, we're still fighting together with the same mission after all, aren't we?" Jisoo smirk a little that made Taeyong gape.

Taeyong just shook his head, feeling defeated but deep inside, he felt reassured when Jisoo has his back and true enough, they still have the same mission and that's to stop the Beings of whatever they're planning. Taeyong stared back at the girl with amused expression.

"Guess we don't have a choice but to fight our way out of this." Taeyong whispered back. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Jisoo nodded in understanding.

And the real action had started. Taeyong pushed Jisoo to the side and flicked his wand and shoot green sparks that made the enemies caught off guard.

"Confringo!" Jisoo casted and caused some of the vampires to explode and burst into flame.

Eugene hissed upon the sudden attack. She jumped out of the way from Jisoo's continuous attack while some of her peers were being burned alive. Taeyong on the other hand had his hand full with the werewolves. Taeyong was already injured but somehow he managed to take down most of them.

"Confundo!" Taeyong pointed his wand towards Jiwon and it caused the Alpha to become confused and befuddled. "Petrificus Totalus!" And Taeyong used to temporarily bind Jiwon.

Taeyong smiled upon the perfect combination he did with his spells against the Werewolf leader. He was too distracted that he failed to notice an approaching enemy o his back.

"Taeyong-ah!"

Taeyong heard a loud screech coming from his back and when he looked around, he saw Jisoo unconscious on the ground and Eugene had her neck in a tight grip. Taeyong was about to help Jisoo but he got bitten on his side. Jiwon had managed to free himself and had the chance to attack.

"No! Ji—JIsoo!" Taeyong wailed painfully, clutching his side which was full of his spilled blood.

"We have to go. We have wasted so much time with these two twerps." Eugene exclaimed, lifting Jisoo's body up by her neck while one of Eugene's sister got a hold of the cursed item.

"What are we going to do with these two?" One of Jiwon's betas asked curiously.

"Eliminate them." Jiwon stated strongly. "Soon enough, we will be troubled with their prowess. They are too powerful for their own good." He added, staring at the fallen peers they have on the ground.

"Not the girl." Eugene continued. "We need her to lure the target out from hiding."

"Don't you dare lay your hands on her." Taeyong croaked.