Chapter Seventeen: Cheap

Start from the beginning

He broke into a grin, "You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, Calla."

I immediately blushed at the comment and looked down, feeling empty as my eyes left his. "Thank you." I muttered, my cheeks flaming.

     He grabbed my hand and led me away from the balcony I had been feverishly watching from. "So, are you ready to start training tomorrow?" He asked inquisitively.

     My hand clenched on his unconsciously, "Actually... I'm scared." I whispered, as if it were some big secret.

     He chuckled, "You don't have to worry, Riley and Myra have been fight together for years, they're some of our best fighters. They've been training since they were children, you don't have to worry, you'll start easy."

     I took a deep breath of relief, a huge weight lifting off of my shoulders. I murmured a thank you, glad I didn't have to get repeatedly smashed to the ground by those highly trained wolves. He grinned, "Ready for lunch?"

     As if on cue, my stomach let out a growl right as I opened my mouth to decline. I didn't need four meals a day, contrary to Percyus saying I did. It seemed extreme. He chuckled, "I guess that's a yes?"

     I shrugged, "I guess so."

     We walked into the kitchen, "What would you like to eat, little lady?"

     I was confused by the nickname but brushed it off, "Food."

     I had heard one of the pack teens say that when her mother asked that, and I thought it was peculiar. I had a problem with quoting people.

     Percyus seemed shocked by my answer, "Hot damn, my girl got a sassy side." He whistled, making me blush.

     He grinned and pulled me forward to look into the fridge, "Pick something good."

     My hands -almost instinctively- reached for a container of chocolate pudding.  I had eaten it once before back in the dungeons and couldn't wait to have it again. I pulled it out and showed Percyus with a hopeful glint in my eyes. He broke into laughter.

     "Pudding it is!" He said with a small shake of his head.

     He got two spoons and brought it to the counter. He lifted me into a stool, even though I was perfectly capable of getting up myself. I think he just used it as an excuse to touch me, as I felt good every time his hands were on me, knowing he felt the same.

     Right as I stuck a spoons worth of pudding into my mouth, a small group of wolves crashed through the door, talking and laughing loudly. They had just came in from training, Riley and Myra at the front of the six people. They were swearing up a storm, a playful banter going on in between them.

     "I totally beat you!" She argued, laughing loudly.

     "Not even!" He argues back.

     "Uh, yeah, because I had you pinned when the bell went off." Myra said.

     "Uh, no, because I slipped out of it and had you in an arm bar." Riley said with a pointed look.

     "I don't believe it!" She said dramatically, a laugh shaking her voice.

     He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to his chest, planting a kiss on her lips, "Oh, believe it, baby."

     I turned away from the scene, not wanting to intrude. Percyus must've thought the same thing, because I caught his gaze when I turned back to the pudding. The tops of his cheeks and his nose turned red as he held in a laugh. Suddenly, I felt the urge to laugh, as I realized his hand was on mine and his amusement went through the mate bond.