Practically Family.

Natasha had a restless sleep, tossing and turning as her dreams slowly creeped into nightmares, plaguing her mind with images and heightened realities of memories from her past. She was thankful when she was woken abruptly, a soft gasp escaping her lips as she was plunged back into reality and the cool air slowly filled her lungs as she inhaled deeply to calm her racing heart rate.

Her toned legs kicked the blanket off of her body as she sat up, swinging them off to bed as her hands pushing her hair out of her face. She had been in bed for longer than expected, though she didn't feel well rested at all. Still, it was mid afternoon and she didn't feel like wasting the rest of the day lounging around in bed. She stood up, the soft fabric of the patterned PJ bottoms swishing as she padded barefoot across the cool wooden floor towards the hallway, grabbing a zip up hoodie from the chair by the door as she passed it. Pulling it on, she headed towards the large shared kitchen, already hearing the boys voices from inside as she approached.

She froze as she turned in the doorway, stunned, she'd go as far to say shocked even. It was rare for her to be caught off guard, but if there was anyone that could surprise her, whether it was with a good thing, a bad thing or from his own utter stupidity, it was Clint Barton.

He stood by the fridge, of course, eating a sandwich as he sat up on the counter, hunched over as he had been speaking to the others before she entered. Steve and Sam were lounging around the kitchen, leaning on counters, arms folded, holding coffee mugs or water glasses, eyes all on her. Even Wanda who was laying on the couch had looked up from her book, a smirk on her thin lips as she glanced between Clint and Natasha.

"This should be fun," she murmured, leaning back in the chair as she set the book down and Clint jumped onto his feet, taking a few steps towards his favourite partner in crime with his hands up in mock surrender, although he was only half being serious. He wasn't stupid enough to mock her completely.

"Alright, Nat.  Do you worst, I deserve it," he sighed dramatically, giving her a goofy half grin as he stood in front of her, dropping his arms by his sides and meeting her cool glare as she folded her arms tightly across her chest. He could have sworn he saw steam coming from her ears, her eyes had changed to a colder green shade, which he knew, wasn't always a good thing. He cursed under his breath, waiting for her to attack, verbal insults or physical blows perhaps but nothing came. He raised his eyebrow at her as she stood unmoving in front of him for a long moment, before instantly pouncing on him. Her arm wrapping tightly around his neck as she threw herself up into his arms. He caught her, of course, stumbling backwards slightly before correcting his balance, chuckling as she pressed a kiss to the rough stubble on his cheek.

"You fucking asshole! The world was almost done for and you couldn't answer one damn phone call to see if you were alive?!" She frowned.

"Well you know, iPhone batteries OW!" He cut his joking off as she leaned back from the hug to flick his ear, a minor move but effective dose of pain.

"I had to abandon the phone" he chocked out a chuckle as her arms constructed back around him in a hug. "I knew that if whatever was coming to kill us all didn't kill me, you would if I let anything happen to the family,"

"How are they?" She pulled back, landing back on her feet and releasing her life threatening hold of an embrace of him.

"All safe and sound tucked away. " he nodded smiling, rubbing his ear as she visibly relaxed in relief. She worried about them all everyday. It was Steve who had kept reassuring her and subconsciously deep down she knew Clint would be fine, he wouldn't let anything happen to them. That wasn't the point though, and she still gave him another disapproving hard flick on the ear, reminding him that she could have done a lot worse when he started whining about it.