Regretting pt. 1

Marinette

Madison fake smiled at me, before she made her way to where I was.

"Long time no see! I heard you got into a car accident. Are you okay?" She asked.

Her behaviour was weird. We had only spoke once and I could tell she didn't like me. Neither did I. So why was she acting all friendly now?

"I'm fine." I bluntly responded.

"Mads? Is that you?" Bret said out of the blue.

"I'll be damned! Is that you Bret McFaren?" A smile spread across her face.

"The one and only." He responded.

"When did you come here? Why didn't you come by my house?" She frowned.

"Uh, because your parents would call mine? I don't want that to happen!"

"They found out again? You should learn from me." She brushed her hair away from her face.

"Do you guys know each other?" I said.

"Of course! Mads is my little cousin!" Bret answered.

I almost chocked. Well what a nice family meeting I got myself into.

"Oh how nice! So Madison, why don't you show Bret around? I need to be somewhere." I said, and left, not waiting for her to answer.

I just wanted to go see Alya and tell her the latest news. I headed to her dorm and was glad to find her there alone.

"He girl! What's up?" She asked.

"A lot! So sit down, you gonna wanna hear."

I told her everything that had happened, about Bret, his drug addiction, the fact that he was Madison's cousin...
Now I was just waiting for her answer.

"I see... When did your life become this interesting?" She asked.

I facepalmed.

"Alya! I need you to be serious now. Please!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, okay, I was just teasing. I don't know girl. It's a weird situation you got stuck in. Just be careful." She said.

"That's all?" I frowned.

"What else should I say?"

"Nothing, I guess." I sighed.

Just then, my phone vibrated. It was a message.

Unknown: Hey, it's Bret. I kind of got lost. I'm in a place with lot's of trucks. Do you know where that is?

When did he get my number.

"Alya, I've got to go!" I said, getting up from the couch.

"Be careful, it's already dark outside." She said.

"I'll be fine!"

•••

I walked to the parking lot, behind the cafeteria. I looked around for Bret and found him, smoking a cigarette. His eyes lit when he saw me.

"Hey Marinette. Thanks for coming here." He said.

"Sure." I mumbled.
"Let's get back to the dorms."

Before I could even take a step, two strong arms grabbed my waist, spun me around and slammed me against a truck.

"Not just yet, girlie!"