Back in Business

Marinette

"Finally girl! I have been dying with out you!" Alya hugged me as I got out of the car.

I had just spent two and a half weeks in the hospital and today I was finally discharged.

"Marinette! Thank god you're back! Alya hasn't stopped murmuring about you. It's driving me crazy!" Nino joked, clearly anoying Alya in the process.

"Well, I'm back and I'm ready to go!" I said, swinging my arm and making a thumbs up.

"Not to fast, I'm afraid." Adrien said, getting out of the other side of the car.

"Adrien drove you here?" Alya raised an eyebrow.

"I told him I could drive myself here, but he insisted." I answered.

"Oh really?" She smirked.

"Her ribs are still healing. So she won't be doing any extreme excercises for the time being. Also her arm still hurts a bit." Adrien ran his hand through his hair.

"Look at you, memorising Marinette's injury log!" Alya aww-ed at Adrien.

"I need her to bake for me. And she's so small and frail that I obviously need to take care of her." He said.

"Who are you calling small and frail, you jerk?" I pouted.

He let out a cute laugh or a scoff; it was something between the two.

"Anyway! Since you're back, how about we throw you a party?" Alya said, excited.

I could tell by her expression, that she had already planned this all out in her mind.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Alya? Doesn't she need rest? I don't think that loud music, alcohol and people are going to be what she needs." Nino said.

"Why did you just assume that it was going to be that kind of a party?" Alya asked anoyed.

"Because it was you, who suggested it."

I couldn't help but laugh at Nino's answer, which had already made Alya a bit frustrated.

"Well, Nino, it is actually one of those times when I don't think about Alcohol and loud music." Alya said, trying to look mature.

"I didn't think such times existed!"

"Nino! Parties aren't all I think about, you know!" She snapped.

"You just suggested one though!" Nino smirked.

"What I meant, was the four of us gathering at their dorm, ordering pizza and just chilling out!" She explained, letting out her frustration as well.

"That sounds like fun! What do you think?" Adrien turned to ask me.

"I think it's a great idea!" I said excitedly.

Alya's eyes lit up; they literally sparkled.

"How about tonight? The sooner the better, right?" She said, with a smile on her face.

I nodded and watched as Alya hopped around happily.

"Anyway. Marinette and I should go to our dorm. We'll be waiting for you guys. How about 10 p.m.?" Adrien said.

Alya and Nino nodded, and headed to their classes. Walking towards our dorm, I looked around and kept noticing small things that had changed. There were no longer flowers around campus, and most of the trees had begun to loose their leaves. I guess winter is closer than I thought.

"See how sad this place looks now?" Adrien said out of the blue.

"Huh? Yeah, I guess it does. It's because of the winter." I said back.

"No."

"What do you mean no?" I asked.

He smiled slightly. He almost looked sad, but not quite.

"It's because you were gone for this long."