Company

Adrien

I arrived at the hospital, where I immediately saw Alya and Nino waiting for me.
Alya, whose eyes were wet.

"She got into an accident." She said.

"What?! Is she okay?" I exclaimed.

"We don't know yet."

"What do you mean we don't know yet, Nino?"

"I mean she was unconscious when they pulled her out of the lake!" He answered.

"She was that person?!" I said, recalling the news broadcast.

"It's my fault! I told her to go and check on Nino. Oh my god, what if she's really badly hurt?" Alya gasped.

"It's not your fault, Alya! How could you have known?" Nino comforted her.

"Well what are we still doing here? Let's go in and ask!" I raised my voice.

"Okay, dude, calm down." Nino said.

I was yelling really loud, and Nino wasn't at fault, but I was so worried at that moment, that nothing else mattered.

"I can't calm down Nino! Now let's go!" I yelled.

He nodded, took Alya by the hand and followed me inside. The hospital was at a panic state. Marinette wasn't the only one who was hurt. My best guess was that at least 200 other people were inside this hospital at the moment. I ran to one of the lobby desks and started bombing the poor guy with questions.

"I'm looking for a girl. Her name's Marinette Dupain-Cheng." I tried to say calmly.

"Hold on, sir. It's crazy here right now." He said as he typed something.

Every second I waited was more agonizing than ever. And the background noises didn't help either. People screaming from pain, others crying and others pacing. This was hell.

"I found the girl you're looking for. She's going under surgery at the moment, but you can go to room 502 on the 5th floor to wait for her." He said.

"Thanks." I said, before running to the elevator.

And that was the moment when I generally discovered that I hated elevators. They were slower than an old lady. And they stopped at every floor, I mean come on! I want to go to the fifth floor. Get me there as fast as possible!

After a lot of stops and dings, we finally arrived. Room 502 was at the end of the hallway. We came running towards it, but when we arrived in front of it, we  stopped abruptly.

"Should we knock?" I wondered.

We all nodded, but no one wanted to be the one to actually do it. Alya looked at both of us and sighed.

"Seriously? Step aside." She said.

At first there was no answer, but soon the door opened on its own, or rather, someone opened it from the inside.

"Hello? Can I help you with something?" The doctor asked.

"We're friends of Marinette. We're here to see her." Alya said.

"What are your names?"

After we told her, she told us to wait and went back into the room. Then she opened the door and signaled us to come in. There she was, laying in bed, with multiple bandages and stitches, wearing my shirt.

"Marinette! I was so worried! Are you okay?" Alya hugged her.

"I'm fine Alya. Don't worry." She answered. Somehow hearing her voice calmed me down.

"Your friend was very lucky, she only got out of there with what she got." The doctor said before exiting the room.

"You should see the car. It looks as if ait was caught in between crossfire." Marinette laughed.

"At least you're okay. Now tell us, how long will you be in here?" Alya asked.

"A week, at best. The injury on my head needs to stabilise. Then there's my arm, which is kinda messed up, but it'll heal." She answered.

"We're glad you're okay." Nino said.

"You guys, it's 3 in the morning. You should get back to campus." Marinette said.

"Crap! She's right! If they find out we're gone, we're dead meat!" Alya exclaimed.

"You two go. I'll keep her company." I said.

They agreed, said goodbye to Marinette and headed back to the dorms. Now it was just Marinette and me.

"So..." She said.

"What happened?" I asked. I was still very confused about this whole situation.

"Well... it's a long story." She smiled.

"And I'm all ears." I smiled back.

"Basically, Alya was worried about Nino, and asked me to go to the highway to check in he was there. I found him, he was okay, and once we were about to leave a car send me flying into a lake." She said.

"You idiot! You made me worry to hell and back." I said.

"Yeah, sorry for that. I didn't mean to." She scratched the back of her neck.

"Well! I guess now I have to stay here to take care of you!" I grinned.

"You have classes."

"You're more important!" I said.

Marinette looked down. I think she blushed a bit, just enough for me to see it. One of the walls of the room was a huge window, viewing the city and the forest behind it. It also allowed the moonlight to enter the room. And so, as the pale blue light fell upon Marinette's face, I realised I was falling in love with her.