Home Made whipped cream

Things you will need:
1/2-1 cup of sugar
16 oz of heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp vanilla

Instructions:

1.) Pour the 16 oz of heavy whipping cream into a stand mixer and put the setting to medium low. Just enough to make a froth on the surface.
2.) After you see a foam film on top of the cream add 2 tbs of sugar and increase the speed to medium.
3.) Leave the speed as is and keep adding 2tbs of sugar every 30 seconds until one cup of sugar is used.
4.) Stop the stand-mixer and taste the cream to see if is sweet enough to your liking.
5.) Slowly crank the speed up to high using 10-15 second intervals between each setting.
6.) When the mixer is on high add the vanilla extract and the 2 tbs sugar, continue the sugar process until the mixture is sweet enough.
7.) After all the wanted sugar is added keep the mixer on until soft peaks form. You can tell by stopping the mixer real quick, and then as you pull the whisk attachment up their should be some texture that resembles the spray can whip cream.
8.) If its not ready continue to mix the cream until it does. Note if the cream is mixed too long it will become butter which cant be turned back to the cream state since the milk and fat has been separated.
9.) Now you have whip cream for whatever reason you want it for. Like, I don't know....the cake for my next update, maybe???
10.) Enjoy!