Chapter Three

Sorry, the first couple chapters are a little confusing and fast paced. It gets better I promise.

Enjoy chappie numero tres.

Dyaln is played by a slightly younger version of Ian Somerhalder. Picture to the side/above. 

*******

I sat on my couch, impatiently waiting for my doorbell to ring. I tapped my fingers on the coffee table, wondering whether I made a good decision or not. I had decided to not tell my team mates about my mate because it would be their obligation to turn me in. I was going to tell me a problem had risen. This pack was too big so I would need help if I was going to get the Beta.

I heard two short beeps, followed by one long beep.

People are so impatient these days. 

I jumped up, walking to the door to welcome my friends. Once I opened it, I saw two beautiful people staring at me with confused and speculating eyes. On the left was a gorgeous eighteen year old girl, with long blond hair and ocean blue eyes. Beside Kristen was a handsome twenty one year old boy, with black hair and black eyes to match. While both looked so different, they were so alike as well, moving with catlike grace, making no noise as they walk, and a dangerous glint in their eyes, just like me. Well, just like all of The Ten

Kristen and Cole walked right past me after I opened the door and immediately made themselves at home. Cole went right for my fridge to look for food and Kristen flopped onto my couch.

I sighed and sat on the seat near to a lounging Kristen, who soon joined by Cole, who was now accompanied by a large bag of barbecue lays and a coke. After we all sat down, both of their eyes glanced up to me. It was Cole who spoke up first.

"Why the hell are we here?"

After I explained the lie, they both looked bewildered, but not suspicious though. I wanted to tell the about me being Dylan's mate but I couldn't. I knew I could trust them with my life, but if they knew about Dylan, they would be forced to turn me into our boss and I would be killed for treason, or worse, held prisoner and tortured for the rest of my life. Or they would help me keep it a secret, which could lead to them getting killed too. And I wasn't going to let them be killed on my behalf. These two mean the world to me.

After a few moments of silence, it was broken by Cole's slow clapping. Kristen and I turned to Cole as he smirked.

"On your first solo mission, you have to call us in for help," Cole laughs. I smack him over the head, glaring. Kristen stifled a laugh but still told Cole off for being mean about this.

Their personalities are not based on their looks at all. Cole looks brooding and serious while Kristen looks like a crazy and funny partier when the roles are somewhat switched, though Kristen isn't serious all the time.

"Will you guys help me?" I asked my friends, hoping for a yes.

Cole's eyes softened as he threw and arm around me. "Of course we will," he replied. "What are team mates for?"