Ch. 9 Attack part 2

I'm the first one there and then Snaggletooth, and all the members from my nest able enough to fight. I am leading the nest for the first time into battle which isn't normal of queens usually we send warriors in and stay safely behind. Not Today. I walk to the edge of the cliff and throw back my head and roar a battle cry that would strike fear into the hearts of even the worst dragon hunters.

"Everyone head out"

I took to the sky with Snaggletooth on my starboard side, on my portside was Amethyst. She was already lagging behind a little causing the dragons behind her to slow considerably.

"Amethyst"

"Yes?"

" You are tiring and causing the dragons behind you to lag behind in formation"

"I know but my wing was already sore before we left because I wanted to practice fighting with one of the other hatchlings and I rolled wrong on my wing"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Mom, I know you would have been worried and made me stay at the nest"

"Amethyst, if you want I can carry you on my back for a while to give your wing a break?"

"Mom, then the other dragons will think I'm a weakling"

"They will not', not if I tell them not too!"

"Thank you, mom" She says as she flies over to land on my back.

I have to change my wing beats but only slightly because she knows to stay directly on the middle of my back to stay balanced.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Time skip brought to you by me not wanting to write about wind currents the whole way there.
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I send out scouts to see how close we are to the fleet. The scout come back and they tell me we are almost upon them. I turn and tell Longtail and Sharpfang to split off and circle around so we have them surrounded then wait to attack until they hear me roar. They split off and I see them surround the fleet, then I know it's time.

"Attack!!"
(Roar)

I tell Amethyst it's time to get off my back. Then I signal Snaggletooth to bank and tuck in our wings in synchronization to dive onto the ship. I land gracefully and turn to Snaggletooth. I flick my ears to tell her where to go.

(Ear flick language)
"I will check the cargo hold below while you stand guard and disable anyone that comes"

"Ok"

I walk down the stairs slowly and sniff around. Then I smell humans , I trot to where I smell it coming from and I see two chained up to the wall. I walk in and nudge the girl awake and I try to do the same to her father but he doesn't wake up and nothing I do works. Then I see it; I see a dagger wound on his chest. I feel tapping on my shoulder and turn to see the girl pointing at a dragon hunter about to swing at my wing only to block the hit with the spines on my tail. The sword clatters to the ground and I see him try to pick it up again but there is the girl already there stabbing him in the chest. I turn and start to trot out of the room while she follows me to the other cells letting out the dragons still lock in. When we get to a particular cell there are two dragons. A Razorwhip and a Hobblegrunt. The girl suddenly cries out and runs to them and they both hug her with their necks.

"I am Queen Darkwing of the Talons. My nest and I are here to rescue the dragons and humans on this fleet. This is the only human still alive. Her parents are both dead would you like to come with us?"

"Queen Darkwing, we are honoured. Our names are Windslice and Shortclaw, our riders were her parents, we failed to protect them" "The girls name is Valkyrie." Windslice says.

"Your Magesty, We are both injured and the girl needs a gaurdian" Shortclaw says.

"Would you like to come to the Talons with us?" I ask.

" I will pledge myself as her gaurdian" I say.

"We would be glad to come to your nest" Windslice says.

"Follow me, and I will lead everyone home" I say as I turn and walk up the steps to the deck.

When we all are on the top deck, I throw back my head and call a retreat. I stretch my wings and feel pain. I turn and look and a hunter had snuck up on us and stabbed my wing. Luckily it is a very minor wound, so I can still fly. I swat him off the ship with my tail, and tell my team to head out.