Failed Distractions

"Okay so let's go to a meeting place in the city," Johny said pulling out his phone. "I'll text Gwen and Harry to meet us there in a little bit. "Why are we going there?" Peter said looking at Johnny phone which was open to a map. "Well this is the middle so we won't have to walk really far and it's just easier to meet up there that's what we usually do," Johnny said showing Peter how it's the faster way. "Oh, I guess I'm just out of the loop." He said as they'd walked into an elevator to get to the ground floor. "Don't say that it's just your parents love you a whole lot not saying ours don't there just a bit protective." Peter leaned back on the elevator "Oh I know that it's the world I blame not them"

"Do you ever get mad at them?"

"Why would I? They gave me the best life I could ever ask for without them I wouldn't of have met you Gwen, Harry, Wade. They made it possible I can never hate them for something they have no control of."

"So you think I should forgive my dad too right?" Johnny asked crossing his arms. "Your dad had control of what he was doing he was grieving but in control, though you shouldn't blame him for being human. Neither should he If he's really sorry you should it's better than hating him" Johnny scratched his neck "I guess." He said as the doors opened "Finally" Johnny said impatiently.

....

Peter and Johnny made their way to the destination spot as Peter couldn't help but keep looking over his shoulder every few seconds a couple of blocks in and Johnny was peeved. "Would you stop?" He said with a clearly annoyed voice. "I can't help it my dads normally never let me out by myself so I'm a bit paranoid" He laughed "A bit you're looking over your shoulder as if someone trying to kill you."

"Well I am famous" Peter said with a smirk johnny nudge him "It's your dads, not you" they came to a stop at the center the spot where they always met Peter took in the sight as if he never been out before in his life it was beautiful there a lot of people walking so busy and focus.

"Hey Guys," Gwen said running up to them with a small wave. "Am I late?"

"No, we just got here," Peter reassured in a calming tone as Gwen smiled in response with a red hue becoming more noticeable against her checks. "But how are you?" she asked Peter smiled "I'm okay."

"How could he not with someone this attractive by his side," Johnny said with a little bow. Simultaneously Gwen and Peter rolled there eyes. "Hi to you too Johnny."

"Hello madam," Johnny said grabbing her hand and pulled it in for a peck. "Does my looks leave you breathless." Gwen's head darted towards Peter who was in his own little world she pushed him away. "Did you get all those lines from cheesy romances movies."

"N-no" His once confident romantic voice dissolved within the air. "Where Harry anyway?" He said to change the topic.

"Guys Hey!" Harry said slowly strolling up to them. "You're late you know?" Peter crossing his arms. "There was never a time and I'm just fashionably late."

"Whatever where do you want to go?" Peter asked

"Arcade!" Johnny and Harry said together Johnny turned to him as eyes brow raised "Since when did you want to go to the arcade? Not like I care because it better my odds but I'm curious."

"Since now," Harry said clearly not wanting to explain to himself so they'd ignored it.

"Well I don't want to go to the arcade," Peter said. "Me either" Gwen agreed. "Just because you two bookworms don't know how to play it doesn't mean it won't be fun" Johnny protested

"Yeah break the stereotype Gwen" Harry added. "Let's go to the movies" Gwen suggested as Harry made his way over to Peter as the others talked. "You okay?"