Chapter 25

Sydney's POV

The prom came to an end and we all went home. 

"Come stay at my house," Hunter smiles. I don't argue. The limo pulls up to my house and I grab his hand and pull him out of it. I run straight up to my room, running into Alex on the way. 

"Why didn't you go tonight?" I ask looking at him.

"Didn't have a date," He shrugs. I nod and walk into my room. I open the door and make Hunter wait outside. I take off the shoes and the dress before putting on one of Hunter's hoodies. I then put on some basketball shorts that I'm pretty sure I stole from Hunter. I open my door once I'm fully dressed and let Hunter in. I grab my makeup wipes and start taking off my makeup. He helps by taking out my hair. Once the bun is out he brushes through it as I struggle to get the rest of my make up off. We finish at the same time. He kisses my nose and smiles at me. 

"I love you," He smiles. 

"I love you too," I laugh wrapping my arms around his waist. 

"I'm glad you do," He smiles. 

"What do you mean?" I ask looking up at him.

"I mean I could've ruined tonight by saying it. But you love me back. So I didn't," He smiles. 

"Why wouldn't I say it back?" I ask looking at him. 

"I don't know. Maybe you weren't ready," He shrugs. I nod and sigh. I put on a pair of Nike slides and grab Hunter's hand. 

"I'm spending the night at Hunter's!" I yell to whoever was listening.

"Ok love you!" 'Mom' yells back. 

We walk slowly to Hunter's house. The weather was beautiful, as always, and we had no need to hurry. 

"I don't want to leave tomorrow," He says out of the blue. 

"I don't want you to leave," I mumble. 

"But meeting the fans is so crazy! They're all so beautiful," He smiles. I couldn't help the jealous that raised in me. "But none of them compared to you," He smiles. And just like that, the jealousy went away. 

"I've had this fear that you'd leave me for a fan. I've had dreams about it. I've woken up screaming and crying because of it," I tell him honestly. 

"I would never. Ever. Leave you for one of them," He says as he grabs my shoulders and turns me to face him, stopping me from walking. 

"Why are we just standing?" I ask laughing a little. He smiles at e and gets down on one knee. 

"Hunter..." I say looking at him with wide eyes. He pulls a ring from his back pocket. 

"Hunter... We're only 17. We're just in high school," I say. 

"Syd, I'm not proposing," He laughs. I let out a breath of relief. "This is a promise ring," He explains. "To promise to you that I will love you forever. That I will never love anyone else the way I love you," He says as he stands up. He slides the ring on my finger. I smile and place my lips on his. 

"I love you," I smile.

"I love you too," He smiles back.

---

Cheesyyy. I love being cheesy and cliche.