•11• Palm Cane

Katheryn's P.O.V

Once we got off the plane, Alyssa and I walked down the airport, unsure what to do. Alyssa brought out her phone and started texting someone.

We stopped at a small cafe to get something to eat. It was almost 10 pm and we're here at Starbucks. I ordered a Carmel frappe, Alyssa hates coffee so I just got her a water. Along with that, I ordered two croissants to fill us up for the night. Once I got our order, Alyssa came up to me.

"Brendon said Patrick is going to pick us up," she said, taking her water and croissant. I nodded and I followed Alyssa to the baggage claim. I watched as multiple bags slide past me, and once I saw my grey one, I yanked it, making it fall on me. Alyssa just stared at me like I'm crazy and grabbed her pink suitcase. She walked away, leaving me behind. I jumped up and tried to catch up to her.

Once we were outside, Patrick was standing there with his arms crossed. We walked up to him, which caught his attention. He looked up and gave us each a high five. "Why are you here?" I asked while we walked to his car. "I'm recording a new song here in New York. So your dad wanted me to drop you off at your place," he opened the door for us, Alyssa went in first. After he got in the car, he turned on the engine and drove out of the airport. It was a 27 minute drive to where we're supposed to stay, so I decided to take a nap.

I woke up to Alyssa beating the crap out of me. I raised my arm and conked her in the head. "You piece of—-" she got cut off by Patrick, "Hey watch it!" He warned.

After we piled out of the car, Patrick led us into this estate thing. The sign read, "SouthPalm Esates". We walked into this building and made our way towards this desk. A lady with brown hair and glasses looked up at Patrick, "name?". "Urie," he replied, pulling out two red cards. He showed them to her and she typed stuff on her laptop. The lady whipped around and grabbed two keys and two ID's that were attached to lanyards.

She handed Alyssa and I both a key and a lanyard.

"You girls are in house 184, good luck dealing with the other two," she said as Patrick escorted us back to the car.

What does she mean other two? We pulled through a gate which opened once Patrick slid the card over the scanner. There were huge houses that filled up lot after lot. We then came up to a two story house. It was decent sized compared to our house.

(2607 Featherstone Ct, Arlington, TX 76001 is the house. I know that it's in texas but i don't care right now)

Patrick stopped in front of the house and opened the trunk. Alyssa and I hopped out and grabbed our stuff. We waved goodbye to Patrick as he drove off.

"So what do we do now?" Alyssa asked. I shrugged and walked up to the door, I slid my key in and turned the knob. Surprisingly, the door opened and revealed a warm home. I shut the door behind me and set my suitcase down. I could her voices yelling and cheering. Alyssa walked to the kitchen and read a note that was on the counter. All of a sudden, I could hear footsteps pound down the stairs. Alyssa and I looked up to meet contact with a blonde boy. Another boy, with brown hair, stayed upstairs and peeked down from above.

"So you must be Alyssa and Katheryn?" He asked while grabbing our suitcases. "I'm Nick, and the shy one up there is Derek," he introduced. He went upstairs with our luggage, which left us no choice but to follow him. He placed Alyssa's bag in one room and mine in another. Alyssa's room had blue walls and a queen sized bed. Mine was the same thing except I had grey walls. I unpacked my clothes and placed them into separate drawers. It was almost midnight when I was done packing, so I showered and fell asleep.

The Next Day

I woke up to the annoying sound of an alarm clock. I sat up and smashed that snooze button. Why is my clock going off? After turning on the lamp next to me, I checked my phone. I had 2 text messages from Wyatt and Bailey.

Wyatt - have you landed yet?

Bailey - OMG Charles texted me!

I rolled my eyes and answered them back. Once I was done, I brushed my hair and teeth. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled with my mouth full of tooth paste. I spit it out as Nick walks in.

"Be ready in 20 minutes, we're gonna have breakfast and leave for class." He said, laying down a uniform on my bed. I walked out the bathroom and raised my eyebrow at the clothes in front of me.

"And I'm assuming o have to wear these?" I pointed at the uniform. He nodded and left. I put on the maroon emblem and khaki skirt that stopped a few inches above my knee. I slid on a pair of socks and slid on my black Nike's.

When I was done getting ready, I met Alyssa and Nick in the kitchen eating cereal. I sat down and grabbed me a bowl of cheerios. "So what is this class that were forced to go to?" Alyssa asked with a mouth full of cereal.

"It's kind of like a summer school but with cooler activities. You still have prom and stuff but this has more hands on activities and you'll be prepared for college after taking a month of this!" He explained while putting his bowl in the dishwasher.

Once we were all done, we piled into Nick's red Expedition and drove off to school. Alyssa and I took that back seats while Nicks was driving and Derek was texting.

"So one month of this, huh?" I mumbled. Alyssa heard me and commented, "I wish we could go back and do real summer stuff!"

"I agree,"

Palm Cane Academy

Once Nick parked the car, he handed us two our schedules for the day. 4 periods with 40 minutes each. Seems fair enough. I checked my watch which read 7:23, by the looks of this schedule, school starts at 7:30. The four of us get out of the car and grab our bags. Nick went off to some group of guys while Derek used the rest of the time to give us a short tour of the Academy.

When the bell rang, I looked at my sheet and read 1st period - Room 428. I walked around the whole campus looking for the 400 hallway. I bumped into this girl with red hair. "Oh I'm sorry," I apologized. "It's alright, wait. Are you the new girl?" She asked while taking a peek at my schedule. "400 hall is that way," she said, pointing down a crowded hallway. "The names Aurora," She exclaimed. "Katheryn," I replied back, she then skipped back to class as I searched for my designated room.

1230 words