I stopped, and turned to his knee-slap laughter. I wanted to be angry, but his laughter was so infectious, it hit me like a virus.

Trying to hide a smile, I admired the way the satin red shirt hung around him in the moonlight.

"This isn't funny you know." I huffed, looking in all directions surrounding me in attempts to grasp where we could possibly be.

"You can do it," He encouraged. "How do we get back?"

"I don't know!" I threw my arms in the air. "We've been walking for so long to nowhere dressed looking like we're going to a five star restaurant, and my feet are killing me but I didn't say anything because I trus-"

"You trusted me!" He stopped, gasping goofily.

"I did. But then you put us in this mess."

"Ellie, don't be mad."

"I am." I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I have a plan." He said, with childlike excitement.

"What's that?" I began to kick the dirt underneath my feet.

Luke walked behind me, and found a patch of grass, sitting on it, and patting the spot next to him for me to sit.

"Just sit here? I-"

I stopped myself, sighed, and sat next to him.

I pulled my knees close to my chest, and focused my eyes the grass surrounding my feet.

"You do that a lot." Luke observed.

"Do what?"

"Wiggle your feet. You even do it in your sleep."

"You watch me sleep? Creep." I said, jokingly, breaking the barrier of anger he thought was boiling.

"I think it's romantic," He said, with confidence. "I'm romantic."

"Oh yeah?" I laughed.

"Yes."

"Show me." I told him, and with that, he quickly pushed himself off the ground.

"Dance with me." He said, leaning over and holding out his hand to me.

I was going to say that wasn't romantic, and that there wasn't any music to dance to in the first place, but I decided to just grab his hand and follow his lead to the middle of the street.

He rested his hands at the small of my back, and pulled my close. On instinct, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How-" I started, but almost on command, he interrupted.

"I know you're going to say there isn't any music. But I hear music whenever I'm with you."

I snorted.

"Hey! That was romantic." He argued, as I giggled.

"That's only been used a hundred thousand times." I laughed, and he shook his head.

"Eloise, I'm trying to be serious."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"I've never slow danced before." He started, spontaneously.

"What? Not even at your school dances?"

"Never went to one. My mom tried to make me but, I didn't listen."

"You're not too bad." I complimented.

"I'm really not romantic." He admitted. "I've never had to be."

"You've never had a girlfriend?"

"Not exactly, I don't really- Hey! Look!"

I could see the lights of a car illuminating his face, as his eyes lit up with excitement.

"Luke we are not hitch hiking!"

"You have a better plan?" He laughed, and began to wave his hands in the air.

I don't know how the driver could've missed him, he's only eight feet tall.

The car stopped several feet away from us, and Luke grabbed my hand, and lead us over.

We approached the drivers side of the car, and the driver rolled down the window.

Inside the car was a small man, with glasses larger than him. His hair was a mess on top of his head, but the first thing that stood out was the giant scar that ran directly across his face.

"Hey man, uh, could you please take us home. We kinda got really lost. I have cash, however much you want." Luke said.

The boy nodded his head without a word, and Luke and I both crawled into the backseat.

.

.

.

lol sRY THIS IS BAD I NEED FILLERS