chapter eighteen

EFFIE
chapter eighteen

"I know that we've been talking about this all day and hyping each other up. But now that the time has come, I feel really nauseated." I say as my shaky hands zip up the suit that the sky diving resort provided.

Brandon lets out a chuckle as he looks over at me,"It's going to be okay, Effie."

I tilt my head to the side as I look over at the boy who was checking himself out in the mirror.

"Is it really going to be okay though?" I say as I come up behind him,"I mean I could think of several reasons why sky diving could go horribly wrong."

He meets my eyes in the mirror and he shakes his head,"You worry too much."

He turns to the side,"Instead of worrying, take note to how thick this jumpsuit makes me look."

I let out a laugh at his strange comment.

"No, I'm being serious," He laughs and turns to me,"Feel it."

"No, Brandon." I giggle.

He grins and wraps his arms around my torso, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Do you feel a little less anxious now?"  He asks.

"A little, I guess you could say."

"Good." He replies, pecking my lips,"Now let's go show these people how to properly skydive."

°°°°°°°°°

"That was incredible!" I say after we left the resort.

I turn to Brandon excitedly,"I cannot believe that I just jumped out of a helicopter that was thousands of feet off of the ground."

He grins widely,"Neither can I. For a second there you had me convinced that we flew up in that helicopter for no reason."

I let out a fake, exaggerated gasp,"You had the audacity to doubt me?"

"You we're doubting yourself." He responds,"In order for someone to have faith in you, you have to believe in yourself also."

I raise an eyebrow,"Is that so?"

"Well," He says, tilting his head to the side,"I might have now just made that up."

I give him a smile,"I almost believed it for a second."

He shakes his head at me,"You are so gullible."

"Totally." I reply, rolling my eyes in a joking manner.

"As much as I'd love to stand outside of this resort all night and waste the night away with words, I'm dying of hunger."

"Me too." I agree,"Cheese fries sound good to you?"

"It sounds perfect to me." He says,"How about we get a little frozen yogurt on the side?"

"Sounds like a plan."