chapter six

EFFIE
chapter six

"What's your all time favorite dinosaur?" Brandon asks as we sit in the sand, looking up at the sky.

"I can't name any off the top of my head, if I'm being honest." I say, then take another bite of my ice cream.

A little snigger came from Brandon's half agape lips as he shook his head.

"I can't believe that I'm on vacation with a girl with no sensitivity in her teeth. It puts shame on my family name."

I tilt my head to the side,"Oh, really?"

He smiles and nods,"Sincerely so."

We laugh quietly to ourselves and then turn our attention towards the sun that was lowering.

I admired the pink and orange shades that were painted out across the sky and the waves that were rolling in on the shore.

"B." I say, looking over at the dazed boy whose skin had turned a golden shade due to the sun hitting it.

A thought had suddenly came to my mind.

"Hm," He hummed, looking over at me.

"What do you say we do something we could possibly regret a few years down the line?"

°°°°°°°°

"Are you sure about this?" Brandon asks me as he looks down at my tattoo of choice,"That's a decently sized tattoo. It'll defintely hurt a lot."

"Yes, Brandon." I say as the tattoo artist peels back the paper leaving the design imprinted on my side.

I reach for Brandon's hand as the man starts up the tattoo gun and looks at me for consent to start.

I give him a curt nod and then look back up at the ceiling.

I feel the needle come in contact with my skin and I bite my lip, feeling instant pain shoot up across the left side of my body.

Brandon held my hand as I gripped onto it tightly.

He slid his thumb across my knuckles soothingly, distracting me somewhat from the pain that I was experiencing at the moment.

If there wasn't a needle stabbing into my skin every second, then I think I would feel very relaxed at the moment.