chapter eight

EFFIE
chapter eight

I felt a smile creep onto my face as I felt Brandon's eyes burning into the side of my face.

"B." I say without even looking over at the boy,"Watch the movie for goodness sake."

He lets out a grumble and lays his head on my lap, looking up at me from below.

"I don't want to."

I look down at him and shake my head,"We agreed that today would be a relaxation day but what do you want to do?"

"I kind of want to go Christmas shopping for some reason." He informs me.

I let out a small giggle at his words.

"Its June, Brandon."

He sits up, his face coming dangerously close to mine as he did so.

"Just think about it, Effie. It would be already done six months ahead of time. It's pretty genius if you ask me."

"How would we get all those Christmas presents on the plane though?"

He thinks about this for a few moments before he speaks again.

"Well, you're right about that but," He stands up and turns off the tv," the point is, is that we have our whole lives to watch netflix but we're in Australia. We should be out riding kangaroos or something, you know?"

I raise an eyebrow,"I don't actually believe that they ride kangaroos here, B."

He lets out a sigh and lifts me from my spot on the couch,"Go get dressed. I don't have any idea what we're doing but I'll most defintely think of something."

°°°°°°°

"Okay, listen, I know how much you love petting animals but aquatic animals are much more interesting and more or less romantic."

"Now just enjoy the mind-boggling, wondrous sights your eyes are about to witness." He tells me before pulling open the doors.

"What's so romantic about seeing marine animals?" I question, walking through the doors Brandon had held open for me.

"Trust me. The blueness of the water reflecting onto one's skin and the dim setting of all the rooms. I can't explain it in words but it just sets the mood perfectly."

I nod as I glance around the range of different animals being displayed.

"You must of taken a girl to one of these before, huh?" I mumble, pressing my hand up against the glass.

Brandon leans his shoulder up against the enclosure,"No, I haven't. I've just seen a lot of movies."

I turn to him,"Why did this idea suddenly pop into your head just now then?"

I walk away from him to discover more but he tags along.

He comes up behind me and rests his chin on my shoulder and wraps his arms securely around my waist.

"You seem like the perfect girl to bring to a marine exhibit, I guess." He shrugs then points at one of the fish.

"See that fish. That's a guppy fish. It's a beauty isn't it?"

I smile, feeling his warm breath tickle my neck,"Defintely."