chapter eleven

BRANDON
chapter eleven

"B," I hear Effie's soft voice say after eating a spoonful of chocolate ice cream from the tub that I insisted on buying her.

"Hm?" I hum while I run my hands against the soft blanket that was provided for us.

"There is only three more days of our vacation." She tells me.

I look over at her and let out a sigh,"I know."

I roll over so I was lying next to her,"And to be honest, I never want it to end." I tell her, looking up at the blanket that we were using as our roof in the fort.

"I'm going to really miss you when we part ways." She says in a voice that I would love to hear everyday before I fall into a deep slumber every night.

I felt my insides hollow at the thought of being without Effie.

She has had me feeling as if I was on cloud nine the past few days. I felt light and carefree when I was alongside Effie.

I felt as if as long as I'm accompanied by Effie, I can do anything I set my mind to.

I clench my teeth together then let my jaw fall, leaving my lips parted.

"What if we don't have to part ways."

I look over at her and as I do so, her eyes also fall on me.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

I sit up and grab ahold of her hands, grasping them tightly in my lap.

I close my eyes for a moment while I collect my thoughts and gather up the right words to use.

"You are one of the greatest girls, let alone, human being that I know." I say once I open my eyes,"And I can't imagine not seeing you ever again. I can't live my life knowing that I ever let someone like you walk out of my life."

"So your saying to extend the dating time?" She cocks an eyebrow up, taking another bite of the ice cream.

"Well, no." I say,"I was thinking that we try to really date for a while and see how it goes."

"It's okay if you don't want to." I add, now looking away from her.

I hated making eye contact with someone when I'm waiting for them to respond, especially when it's in this scenario.

"I would love to do it." I hear her say, causing me to look up at her,"For your parents of course, since they like me so much."

"What?" I scoff.

She lets out a laugh,"I'm just kidding."

I let out a relieved sigh and fall down on my back,"You had me scared for second."

I hear her cute, little laugh and feel myself fall into content.