The conversation continued being light hearted and soft the sound of the rain hitting the building and windows sounded so nice and calm to them. For once no one was unhappy or stressing, the girls felt proud of themselves for making the boys feel better. Everything was great, until it wasn't, and it was sudden and kind of a blur. The conversation was going on with full on laughs when Connor's phone rang, he excused himself and got up and walked over to the bathrooms and answered it. He leaned against the wall as he heard a lady in a calm voice ask if she had the right number and was looking for a Connor Murphy, which he told her was true. At first he thought she was a nurse from the hospital telling him Jared was getting better or was requesting to see them, but that was not the case.

The lady was a nurse from the hospital but she was calling to inform them that Jared was unstable and failing and if he doesn't get better soon with immediate care he would pass away. It was like a sharp stab in Connors abdomen as he felt the wind get pushed out his lungs as he stopped breathing, and his heart just stopped. He could hear the lady asking if he was still there but it became muffled easily and he got pulled deep into his crushing thoughts. His worst fear came true and he couldn't handle it, it just couldn't be true, Connor really didn't want it to be true. He didn't want to believe all of the signs pointing to this outcome or all the facts that he wasn't getting better. Jared's health was like a graph chart, it would be fine and perfect then it plummet then exceed upwards a bit then plummet again and each time he just got worse and worse. Connor was gripping his phone hard as his tried to start breathing again, but it was uneven ragged breathes as he tried to wrap his head around the whirlwind of reality. His emotions swirled into a pit inside him, causing him to shake as he leaned against the wall for support and he didn't trust his legs. His vision was blurry probably from unshed tears that he didn't know formed, he wanted to disappear and just forget all the problems, he wish he and Evan could just somehow help Jared and he'd be fine and healthy. He felt so trapped and exposed, he felt to crowded, he wanted comfort yet he wanted to be alone.

Connor didn't hear his friends calling him, he didn't hear their footsteps, he didn't hear their frantic worries or shouts, he didn't hear or realize the commotion he caused. Evan, Alana and Zoe noticed that its been awhile since Connor came back and looked up to see him fighting panic attack next to the bathrooms, they rushed over and asked if he was okay and got no answer he just stood there, shaking and staring at nothing. Everyone in the McDonald's heard them and started staring, until Alana told them off and to mind their own business and went back to Connor. Connor didn't realize he was being shaked by Evan until he heard the smaller boy crying out to him. Evan didn't know why he was just staring at him, but he knew he was having a panic attack so he'd have to ground him. Once he got Connor's attention he told him some breathing exercises and to take deep breaths. Connor listened and calm down a bit, and all at once his sense flooded back to him, realizations hit him and terrible wave of emotion hit him as he broke down in a McDonald's. It scared his friends, they weren't used the tall boy to cry even if its a few tears but this wasn't a few tears. Connor actually broke down crying, he was shaking and sobbing as he held onto Evan and the wall for support. Evan hugged him and rubbed his back, he was worried for his boyfriend but before he'd ask about what happened he'd have to calm him down first. Connor hugged him back as his body shook violently and all his emotions he's kept hidden to stay strong for Jared and Evan and all the emotions he felt at the moment just poured out into his tears as he cried.

It took a few moments but soon Connor calmed down holding onto Evan. Zoe ushered the boys to the seats and sat down with Alana and kinda messed with her hands, she didn't know what to say. That was the first time she saw her brother cry at all, Connor wasn't good with emotions and usually just showed his sadness or frustration in anger. Evan rubbed Connors back once they sat down in the booth and then took a deep breath. "Con.. Are you okay now?" Connor weakly nodded and he kept staring down at the phone in his hands with a sickening sadness and burning hatred. "Alright, what happened szerelem?" Evan asked, he rarely spoke Hungarian but he liked to use nicknames in different languages. Connor took a couple deep breaths before sighing heavily. "I just got a call from the hospital.." Evan froze, dread pooling into his stomach like a venom. Zoe winced knowing that only meant something bad happened, Alana instantly turned knowing it was something to do with Jared and got scared quickly. "W-well..?" She said quietly not wanting to over step boundaries. Evan held his breath waiting for an answer, when it ever came to the hospital it came to Jared and whenever they called it's never good things.