Healing (part2).............

Start from the beginning

Silas sighed in relief. After hearing this, Reind, Silas, and Arnette made their way to study while Ray and Allen went inside the room to see Lilian.

.................................

"Archanid emerged 4 years ago. The weird thing is that the group didn't kidnap children for magic stone until 14 months ago. It was exactly the same time when the Oletha Household's fief started to flourish in the magic tool market. The stated reason for this was said to be there has been a discovery of some new caves which were rich in mana and filled with mana filled ores." Silas reported as he stood behind a chair.

"So you think Oletha Household is behind Archanid?" inquired Arnette as he looked at the documents handed over by Silas.

"I don't think I know that Oletha Household is behind it. We had our spies infiltrate Oren fief while they did find new caves of magic ores but they were unable to find any cave which has the number of magic ores that was used to make the magic tools that were released in the market. Not to mention the types of equipment used for extracting mana were very expensive." Silas defended as he threw some more documents on the desk. Reind took the documents and started to read them. His face was indifferent the whole as held his chin with his hand, concentrating on the files.

"So they approached Oletha Household for funding. But how do you think they approached them? It's not like they could have walked into their house." said Reind as he put the papers down, straightening his back.

"As for Archanid approaching Oletha that can be traced back to certain someone. Mercia Udolf, maiden name Mercia Nissa, was sold to slave traders by her parents at the age of seven. She was later brought by the Scolopendra and was trained in the skills of infiltration, seduction, torture, poison and dark magic attribute though she is able to control minds." Silas said as he took the seat and continued. "She infiltrated Oletha Household 16 months back gaining the favor of the Marchioness Raisie Oletha in less than 3 months' time. After that, she was introduced to Marquis Oletha where she proposed the Archanid. Thus, gaining the interest of the other party and was able to make the two parties meet each other without anyone knowing."

"Scolopendra? Isn't that the syndicate which you two belonged to?" Arnette asked as he and Reind looked at Silas.

"Yes, she was Lilian's senior and was the one who trained Lilian in torture techniques." He explained and looked outside the window for a few seconds before returning his gaze to the documents kept on the table. He continued, "She was out on a mission when you attacked the base. Thus, she was able to escape safely from your clutches. After that, we couldn't find or contact her no matter how much we wanted or tried to."

"I see. You really are efficient." Reind sighed as he looked over the documents once more.

"I'm only here because of Lilian. If he wasn't hurt I wouldn't have come here at all." Silas said as he leaned back a little and cracked his fingers one by one.

After looking over the documents once more, Reind stood up as he ordered, indifferently, "Silas, thank you for your help. Arnette, you go find more about Archanid and check their hideout once more for any clues."

As he said that Reind got ready to leave the study but was stopped by Arnette from behind, "What will you be doing?"

"I'm going to ruin a house, what else." After saying that, Reind left without looking back.

Arnette shrugged as he too left the room.

.................................

While Silas, Reind, and Arnette were discussing the event in the study, Ray and Allen were sitting beside the bed where an unconscious Lilian was lying down.