1

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Five minutes.

It had been five minutes since the message was sent to the girl by her now ex-boyfriend. Her hand that held her phone shook as her teary-eyed eyes glazed over the words on the screen.

Liu Wei ❤️
Sorry. I'm not coming.
And one more thing.
I'm breaking up with you. :)

She kept her phone back in the pocket of her jeans as she looked up at the huge building, which stated 'Pixlott Mall' in big, black and bold letters.

Zhang Lin was her name. A natural brunette with pale skin and big brown eyes. Her face splattered with some light freckles and her lips coated with an innocent shade of pink. She stood at 5'6, with a nice body and a light blue cropped hoodie on with black jeans, paired with some white vans.

She glanced over the huge crowd of people, looking for a washroom.

'That boy is not worth ruining the movie I had been longing to see since ever,' she thought. She tried to walk through the huge crowd of people, but kept getting pushed by them.

She was about to fall when suddenly a hand grabbed her. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" the stranger spoke while giving her a concerned look. The girl nodded and was about to leave but was once again stopped by the boy. "Umm. You should take this." he spoke while handing her a white handkerchief, "The tissues are finished in there, unless you want to wipe your face with a toilet pap-" he wasn't able to complete his sentence because Zhang Lin had already snatched it from his hands and dashed towards the washroom.

"Oh well." he shrugged and walked away towards his friends.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Zhang Lin hovered her finger over her ex-boyfriend's contact name as she wiped her face with the handkerchief. After debating with herself for a while, she finally switched off the phone in irritation and looked into the mirror. A slightly swollen face with tears cascading down the eyes stared back at her. The sclerae were red and the lips were dry. She washed her face a few times and wiped it with the handkerchief.

Looking into the mirror again, she pumped her fist in front of her as she spoke, "You got this. Jiayou!"

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

Zhang Lin went through the doors of the movie theatre after the staff had checked her ticket. The room lights had already dimmed and it was a trouble for her to find her seat until the security staff helped her. She plopped onto her seat holding a huge bucket of popcorn and a large can of Pepsi.

She looked towards her right side, where the seat that had to be occupied by Liu Wei was. She sighed, turning towards the big screen only to find out the movie had already started.

'Stop thinking about that douche and focus on the movie.' she told herself.

After a few moments, the empty seat beside her squeaked a little bit as someone climbed over it. Shocked by the sudden noise, Zhang Lin brought her hand to her chest to soothe her heart that had started beating at a fast pace.

A face with brown hair that matched his eyes and soft looking features greeted her. His lips formed around his white teeth in a grin, which caused his eyes to narrow.

The same face that had helped her.

"Hi." he greeted, the smile not leaving his face. Zhang Lin greeted him back politely before asking, "What are you doing here? Not to sound rude but it's not your seat." She was still kind of shocked about the abrupt encounter.

"Nothing. I just thought you looked a little sad. So here I am, being your lifesaver so you don't have to look like a loner." he said, a proud expression taking over his face.

The girl ignored the remark of being a 'loner' and asked again, "Where are your friends?"

He replied in a hushed voice to not disturb the other people, " The movie is pretty boring and my friends were too engrossed in it so. Another reason on why I came here."

"Okay..." her voice trailed off as she remembered something. She fished out his handkerchief from her small white sling bag. "Here. Thank you for this." she said as she pushed the thin material into his hands.

He quickly denied, "Oh no. It's fine. You can keep it."

"What? Why?" Zhang Lin asked, confused as to why the stranger was not taking back something that belonged to him.

"Um..because it has girl cooties now..?" he stuttered while making his statement sound more like a question.

The girl had a baffled look on her face. Thinking, "The heck? What are girl cooties now?" She replied to him, "But I wash-"

Her voice was cut off when the boy, who she had yet to know the name of, placed his hand over her mouth, successfully shutting her up.

"You talk too much. Let me watch the movie peacefully." he said as he turned towards the big screen.

"I thought he said the movie was boring?" Zhang Lin thought.

But soon enough, he turned towards her again and took the handkerchief back before returning it in a few seconds. She wasn't able to catch the expression on his face due to the darkness and also because she was too busy thinking about how weird the boy was, before resuming to watch the movie.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

They came out of the movie theatre together, leaving after everyone had already exited to avoid being pushed in a crowd.

"I wasn't able to watch the movie properly because of you." Zhang Lin pouted as she looked up at the taller boy. The statement was true, the boy kept disturbing her throughout the whole movie by talking about random things and stealing her popcorn.

"Oh shut up. You definitely enjoyed my presence and you should thank me cause I also helped in preventing you to look like a loner." he said and dragged out the last word to tease her.

The girl ignored him as she checked her phone. "I have to leave now. The taxi is waiting for me." she said.

"Me too. My friends are waiting for me outside. You'll be safe while going right?" he spoke as he typed away on his phone.

The girl hummed as her taxi soon reached the spot. She was going to leave but was pulled back by a hand. Confused, she asked the boy what was wrong.

He scratched the nape of his neck and shyly said, " Uh. We talked a lot yet I still didn't quite catch your name?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I'm Zhang Lin." she said and stuck her hand out.

His large hand engulfed her small one as he looked at her with a warm smile lacing his thin lips.

"Nice to meet you, Zhang Lin. I am Zhu Zhengting."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

What do you think about the first chapter?
I will let you all know the updating schedule soon. ❤️