Trap in the Hole ✔

Start from the beginning

"Is it really likely that she'd still have her tag if she's out of action?" Leorio asked him.

"If she were caught in a sudden accident, or if she were defeated after hiding the tag. If she died after concealing her tag, we won't be able to find it." He answered.

"Sounding grimmer by the second."

"Hey, do you anything else about Ponzu? Does she wear like a special perfume like Leorio with his cologne?" Gon asked them.

"Oh, that's right. Gon can follow her scent!" Kurapika perked.

"But she might not wear perfume." Leorio stated.

'W-What does that mean...?!' I thought angrily. 'I mean, she did kind of smelled like--'

"He can smell the chemicals she uses."

'...she smelled sweet… and now I can't believe it was chemicals when I smelled her.'

"She's known for using drugs, right? Some of them must have strong scents. Well, Gon?" Kurapika reasoned.

"Okay, I'll give it a shot. That's why I'm here."

I looked at Gon oddly. Now, why would say that? I watched as Gon climbed a tall tree and used this chance to do the 'spell' to erase everything Leorio and Kurapika knows about my powers. Well, I didn't have to do it to Leorio but I had to make sure. Few minutes later, Gon claimed down and pointed to where he picked up a scent. We followed him and we walked, walked, walked and walked until it was afternoon.

We were in front of a cave and I sniffed the air and it smelled sweet.

"Is she in there, Gon?" Leorio asked Gon.

"Yup, definitely."

"What do you want to do?" Kurapika asked Leorio.

"I'm going inside. You guys, wait here." And with that Leorio grabbed a wooden stick and went to check if...they are traps. He came back and grabbed his suitcase.

"I'll head inside. Don't enter until I give the okay."

"Thirty minutes. If we don't hear anything from you after thirty minutes, we're coming in." Kurapika stated.

"Uh huh." Gon and I said.

"Unacceptable. If that happens, you guys should return to the start."

"I can't do that. Since we've teamed up, I won't abandon you now." The young Kurta said.

"Then I quit the team. It's selfish, considering all the help you've given me, but I'll do this alone." Leorio said turning around and walking away from us.

"No!" Gon and I said.

Leorio heard us and ran towards us. "What did you say?!"

"We're staying here, no matter what you say."

"We won't abandon a friend. We won't move until you come back out safely with your target's tag." I said.

"Still got a problem?" We both said and Leorio looked at the three of us, shocked.

"Do whatever you want." He said and walked to the cave. He gave his suitcase to Gon.

"Hold onto that for me." He said and went inside the cave, taking a lighter with him. The three of us smiled at Leorio.

--✶--✶--✶--

"He's taking too long. Is Leorio okay?" Gon asked.

"Yup. It's been nearly thirty minutes." Kurapika said.

"Kurapika! Gon! (Y/n)! Don't come in!" We heard Leorio yell.

Of course, we would all go inside the cave since Leorio was yelling us to not. Which means something happened.

"Leorio!" We were surprised that Leorio was on the ground with blood and bite marks on his shirt, sliced up snakes, and Bourbon.

"(Y/n)?! You're with that guy?" I looked to my side and it was Ponzu. I nodded at her and went up to Leorio.

"You fool… Why did you enter the cave?" Leorio asked and he was sweating...I looked at the dead snakes carefully and examined it.

"These snakes are vipers." I said.

"Their poison isn't that strong… but he's been bitten too many times!" Gon grabbed Leorio's arm and sucked the poison and spit it away.

"S-stop it… if you have any cavities or open wounds in your mouth..."

"No problem!" Gon said smiling at Leorio.

"Leorio, do you have any serums in here?" Kurapika asked, showing Leorio's suitcase to him.

"If I did, I could have saved you guys..." And with that he fainted.

"We have to stop the bleeding." Gon said.

"Kurapika, give me his suitcase. I'll attend his wounds." I said in a hurry.

I cleaned up his wounds and used a bit of my healing abilities before patching up the wounds. When I was done, Kurapika and Gon helped Leorio stand up and walk.

"I would stop if I were you. You cannot leave." Ponzu calmly said as she was sitting against the cave wall.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When someone tries to exit this cave, snakes attack them.” As if on cue, lots of snakes appeared, blocking the cave. “Bourbon, the snake charmer, set this trap. If you're bitten, you'll end up paralyzed like he is. And then, you'll die." She explained.

"Bourbon! You're looking for tags, righ--"

"He's dead, Kurapika." I said cutting him off.

"D-dead?"

I bit my lip as I thought...of something else. I don't know if I should even do it.