Dazed and Confused

Start from the beginning

His mother smiled at him brightly ending the discussion, signaling to go with his father. And the three of them marched out the door like the perfect family they were.

.

KISSES

Her hands are shaking literally. She was late and she’s feeling all sorts of emotions at this moment. Any minute now, she’s sure she’s going to lose her job.

The small-scale hotel she had been employed for almost a year now is going to be taken over by a big time hotel management called Pangilinan Corp. And by taking over, meaning ruled over in total dictatorship from a new employer and therefore leaving its previous employees unsure of their position. Leaving them all to dust.

The new management had not told them anything about their plans for them, so she’s sure to take it as a bad sign. She getting fired. They’re all getting fired. She just hopes her resume can get her a new job at a new hotel too.

It's not that she needs the money. She doesn’t need it. Their family is well-off on their wide farm with its bountiful and fresh harvest. It's only that she discovered her love for interior design that made her go off away from their farm and make a name for herself by herself.

And she thought she found her calling at her hotel, which she loved despite it being small-scale. But now its being taken over.

She was a few minutes away from the reception hall downstairs, dressed on her finest for the welcome committee of their new boss when she found herself dumbstruck by the man waiting in front of the elevator.

She awkwardly inched her way beside him while sneakily admiring his profile. He was … beautiful.

.

DONNY

Donny had discovered the view of his newest hotel by going on an adventure by himself to its rooftop. And found that its location was definitely to his liking.

He delayed his arrival for a little bit by taking the stairs all the way down but thought twice on his reputation because he was way too late than was necessary.

The presentation of his new management was about to start but Donny was far from excited. His mother’s warnings about girlfriends, old age, unhappiness and marriage warring on his mind.

He stood in front of a small elevator then, thinking of his speech when he heard a shuffling of feet at his side.

And then he saw the most awkward looking woman beside him.

Awkward- until she smiled at him and then Donny felt his world tilt from its axis.

.

KISSES

The man saw her staring. And what do any sane human woman do after being caught drooling over a handsome human man?

She smiles with her whole heart. Because she’s feeling dizzy and his eyes are so bright, she might get blinded and die. But wow, that’s a good way to go. So, she’s smiling.

Kisses gave her brightest, not-so-awkward-but-awkward smile as a greeting and determinedly stared away on the closed elevator doors.

Is he one of the new staff from the new company? Does this mean we’re all getting fired? We can’t compete to their level of handsome-ness. I am so screwed. I’m going to be unemployed!

At the corner of her eye, she saw the man still staring weirdly right back at her, so Kisses politely inclined her head in question, “Are you okay?”