/ Broken Teenage Hearts /

Start from the beginning

There was no adolescent glow or adventurous spark in them, which was something that you could always find in Summer Thompson's eyes, and in her heart.

But something was wrong.....

Something was so wrong.......

And if I had to sit here and wait another second, I was gonna drive myself mad trying to find out the reason as to why my best friend was on my porch crying like she was trying to deprive the ocean of all of its water.

I watched her closely as she took one deep breath in to ease the sobs and set her cigarette down on the porch softly........

My eyes following the tear that fell down her sun-kissed cheek as she raised her head and her eyes to look up at the pale moonlight that was shining down on us.

And nothing would have prepared me for the words that left my best friend's lips as she did everything in her power not to float away in the west coast wind.

"Well, I knew that you were h-hanging out with Yuri and s-so, I didn't want to bother you t-two or anything........

So I w-went to the gas station down the street....to fill up the truck and grab a slushee to kill time.....

And I......"

She took a second to relive the moment within her head as I watched her head fall back down and her eyes latch on to the sand at the bottom of the steps.......

I could see new, glossy tears form in her eyes as she shut them in pain and let the tears fall down her face without caring, the pain too much to bare.

"I saw..........

Eric.

He was leaning up against the s-side of the gas station, and he..........

Victor, h-he was.........

He was kissing Alice Delaney like she was the only girl left in the world."

No......

No.......

Please.......

"Summer, no......" I said breathlessly as I stood up and paced around the front yard, looking at my heartbroken friend.

I could feel my whole body shaking in anger as I aggressively ran my hands through my hair.

Anyone else but Summer......

She doesn't deserve this.......

"I'll kill him," I muttered softly as I started running through the front gate with some kind of newfound fighter in me, like I was about to march off into some kind of god damn war. "I'll fucking kill him!"

"Victor, no! Please, it'll only make it worse!" Summer yelled after me as she caught up and grabbed my arm, trying to pull me back towards her and the house.

God, I can't stand this.......

"Make it worse?! Summer, things like this don't get any worse!