Chapter 1

A/N  Sorry for any mistakes; not proofread well

"She hasn't spoken in 12 years, so don't be offended if she only nods," I heard my mom say to the principal. I knew they were talking about me; who else doesn't speak? It's not because I can't, I just don't want to.

Today is my first day at North High. I'm not excited. They're just going to think I'm weird and make fun of me like everyone at my old school did.

Suddenly, I heard the intercom. "Lauren Jauregui, can you please come down to the admissions office?" Wait, this is the admissions office... Oh no, they're making some poor kid show me around.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a voice. It was the principal. "Camila, this is Lauren. She'll be showing you around today. 

" Hi Camila, I guess we should start with the 400's hall since you have 2 classes there." I saw her glancing over my schedule. "Oh. It looks like we have most of the same classes, I can walk you to each when it's time if you want. The hallways are pretty crazy."

I nodded and smiled approvingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my tour, Lauren walked me to our first class: English.

"Goodmorning ladies," the teacher said kindly. "Take you seat Ms. Jauregui." she smiled and looked at me. "You must be the new student. Camila... Right?"

I nodded, even though her statement seemed awkward. Shouldn't she automatically assume I'm the new girl? Like, is there anyone else you haven't seen before?

She looked confused as to my nod but said "Umm... Well... You may take the empty seat next to Ms. Jauregui"

Awkwardly, I walked over and took my seat next to Lauren. 

Wow, she's so pretty. Her green eyes are like emeralds. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, it was time for lunch. 

"Hey Camz, would you like, to sit with my friends and me at lunch?" the nickname slid off her tongue easily. I was confused by it though, but I still nodded. I take it that she noticed my confusion because she quickly said "oh, uh... If you don't like the nickname its okay, I should've just called you 'Camila'"

I took out my phone and typed " I like it Lauren, its perfect. I'll have to think of one for you too."

She smiled at me, and oh god, even her smile is breathtaking. She led me to a table with 3 other girls were sitting. "Camila, this is Normani, Ally, and Dinah. 

" Hi Camila," they said in unison.

I smiled and waved. Cautiously, I took a seat beside Lauren. Did the other girls think I was weird? Sure, Lauren knew about my cuteness, but did they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next class was Spanish. I don't know why I was put in this class. I'm not going to speak anyway, and plus, I am fluent. I wonder if Lauren is good in this class. I bet her Spanish speaking voice is even sexier than her English speaking one.

Calmly, I took the empty seat next to Lauren.

"Miss Cabello, can you stand up for me, please? Class, this is our new student, Camila. Would you like to tell us a little about yourself?"

I shook my head furiously. Shouldn't she already have been informed that I DON'T SPEAK? "Miss Cabello, there's no reason to be shy" I tensed. 

Suddenly, Lauren got up and walked to the teacher. She whispered something in her ear. I imagine it was along the lines of "Camila's mute."

"Oh... Well, it's nice to have you with us."

That was awkward, now I'm sure no one's gonna like me. What I didn't know was that Lauren Jauregui was one of the most popular girls in school, and her friends were the others.

"It's okay Camz, don't worry your little head about anything. I've got your back. "

Lauren just makes me feel so safe. If she ever found out my secret though, she'd probably ditch me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, it was the end of the day. I can go home and take a nap.

" Bye Camz, see you tomorrow." I smiled and waved at the green-eyed beauty. Tomorrow's gonna be a good day.