An angel... taken

Start from the beginning

Hearing no reply, Sebastian continued, "How about it young master? Shall we hold a party?" Sebastian looked at the cleaning servants, "Because, It looks as if there are others hoping to celebrate, too."

At that statement, Meyrin, Bard and Finnian laughed nervously as they swept, dusted and wiped faster than before, glancing up every now and then to their master.

"My birthday..." Ciel trailed off, as flashes of memories flooded his head. "I was supposed to sleep beside my mother. Father, was supposed to give me a present... and.. I-i was... looking forward to it.."

Ciel grunted softly, and turned on his heel to walk upstairs, his feet taking it's own turn.

"Ridiculous. Fetch me tea to my room." Ciel ordered, not even waiting for Sebastian's usual phrase, he walked aimlessly through the seemingly dreary hallways.

The now dark hallways seemed to echo the sounds of, what it seemed, memories of his past. He could even hear his laughs mixed with the songs that his mother often sung to him whenever he was sick.

No more talk of darkness,

forget these wide-eyed fears;

I'm here, nothing can harm you,

my words will warm and calm you.

That was then, when Ciel realized that the song wasn't an echo, and clearly it wasn't his mother's voice.

Soon, Ciel found himself blindly running to find the voice, just as he felt his palms become sweaty and clammy.

With every step he took, the beautiful voice became more and more audible, and more hypnotizing. By the time Ciel had already run out of air, he found Angelene walking towards his office while holding a tea tray.

"A-angelene."

Seemingly distracted, Angelene blinked and dropped the tea tray she was holding.

"I-I'm sorry." Angelene shakily gathered the broken cups with her cold hands. Angelene was becoming more and more distracted. It seemed as if the souls inside her kept still. Angela and Ash had stopped entering her dreams, much to her shock. It kept her worried, that's why she resorted to singing all of her fears out.

Ciel closed his eyes and calmed his breathing. "Angelene."

"Y-yes?"

"Sing for me." Ciel offered her his gloved hand and stated blankly, the same tone he always used whenever he was ordering her to fetch him tea.

Angelene shakily took his hand hesitantly, just as her gaze softened, when she saw how desperate he was for comfort behind his cold eyes. "Are you going to celebrate your birthday master?"

"I will not ask again, I need you yo sing!" Ciel's voice sounded desperate now. He really needed to hear her sing the song his mother sung to him whenever he was afraid.

Angelene gently caressed Ciel's gloved hand and closed her eyes, "There are... Five things that can't be recovered."

Frustrated, Ciel snatched his hand back, and bit his jaws tight. He leaned a hand on the wall and began to steady his breathings through his nose. He despised himself for being so vulnerable infront of this girl. Especially this girl.

"The stone, after it's thrown-" Ciel stiffened, as he felt a gentle hand on his tense shoulder.

"-a word, after it's been said-" Slowly, Ciel turned to face the silverhaired girl.

"-an occassion, after it's missed-" Ciel had his hand trapped inside Angelene's frail ones, as she smiled at him.

"-and time, after it's spent." Angelene kissed his ring, much to his shock.