Fourteen

Roman
-

"We've got a reason that we called, Jules." Britt says, and I grin.

"Oh yeah?" She asks, and Britt nods.

"But send Kane to play games first." I say, and she looks at Kane, kisses his temple, and sends him off, promising to be there to play some games with him after she gets off the phone with us. Once he's gone, she turns back to the camera.

"Alright, so. How is your day so far?" She asks, putting her left hand to her face.

"The same. Woke up, went to practice, now I'm here, talking to you guys." She says, tugging at her Crew SC Elite warm up jacket.

"You know, you look really good in black and yellow, Jules." I say, and Julie gives me a look before grinning.

"Thanks, pops. So what's up?" She asks, and Britt raises a brow.

"He proposed!" Britt says, and Julie's mouth falls open, and I raise a brow. She shouldn't be surprised, she's one of the only people who knew. Besides me, and who helped me get the ring.

"Oh my god, Cholesterol!" Julie exclaims, and Britt's eyebrows furrow.

"What?" She asks, and I chuckle.

"She just quoted a vine, babe." I say, and Britt smacks my chest.

"I know that."

"I knew, mom. Dad told me before you guys left for China." Julie says, and Britt looks at me. I just shrug.

"She would've lynched me if I didn't tell her." I say, and Julie nods.

"It's so weird. You guys are in China right now, and I'm about to play two friendlies against them next month." Julie says, and I chuckle at her. "Funny how the world works." Julie says, and I shake my head. "But congrats, you two." Julie says before looking up at something. "I gotta go, but I'll talk to you guys later. Love you guys."

"Bye, love you." Britt and I say in unison, and she smiles.

"Love you guys, too." She says before hanging up.

-

When we got home, Kane and Julie were cuddled up on the couch, the main menu of a movie looping as they slept, but when Britt woke Kane up and pulled him into her, Julie sat up with a groggy sigh.

"Kane?" She asks, but looks up at me, and smiles at me as she gets up and hugs me tight.

"Oh, I missed you guys." I groan out, and she smiles at me before joining Britt and Kane on the couch.

"Cora's asleep." Julie says as I pat Kane's side. "I put her down for the night a few hours ago." She says, and we sit on the couch together. "Little monster wouldn't go down, so we snuggled up and put a movie on." Julie says, tickling Kane briefly.

"Noah?" I ask, and she points up to where her and Noah's rooms are.

"In his room, like always. I told him to be in bed by 11 though, so he should be asleep."

-

In the morning, as I was ending the movie, Julie was off at practice, but everyone else was here, so I waited until she got home to end it. As she was coming in, I filmed her, and she grinned at me.

"Dad." She says, setting her phone down. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you so I can end the video." I say, and she rolls her eyes, smiling.