Fuck.

I call her, knowing her drive home is going to be a long one, and go to voicemail. Double fuck.

I pull out my laptop and type of the questions and some of my answers to them. Who's going to pay the bills? Will you have joint back accounts?

As I read through the list, I start to get angry I've never thought of any of this before.

I think about calling her again, but decide against it, closing the document and opening Netflix instead.

As I'm about to fall asleep my phone buzzes with a facetime from her.

"I called you," I answer.

"And I'm calling you back," I can tell from the background she's in bed, "What's on your mind, my love?"

"Not much. I just missed you," I roll over, grabbing my headphones and plugging them into the phone, "I get lonely at night when you don't stay over," I yawn, "What are you thinking about?"

"Tacos," she exhales, "And you of course."

She smiles at nothing and I notice her eyes are red, even in the dim light of the room, "Are you high?"

She laughs, "As a kite."

She keeps giggling and I roll my eyes, "Good night."

"Good night, love," she responds.

"Wait---" I stop her from hanging up, "Can you stay on the line?"

"Of course, Baby," she adjusts so that the screen is propped up, so I can watch her sleep. 

"Are you excited?" I probe, trying to find out where her head is.

"Yeah," she yawns, "We're talking about the marriage thing right?"

"Yes," I giggle.

"Then yeah. I'm excited."

We lay in silence, listening to each other breathe. I take a deep breath, "Can I ask you one more thing?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you marrying me?" I ask softly.

"Because you said yes," she yawns before closing her eyes and drifting to sleep. 

I think about waking her back up, but decide against it, letting her sleep. Eventually I fall asleep as well, a fitful sleep consuming me.

KJ's POV

I knock on the door of Layne's apartment and Dil opens it, "Morning. Isn't it a little early for you to be pissing off my sister?"

"Early bird, right?" I step into the apartment, handing him one for the lattes I grabbed on the way over, "Coffee?"

He accepts my subtle bribery, "So we've reached an understanding."

I hand him another one for Dru before heading into her room.

I take a seat on the edge of her bed, the bed shifting under my weight. Layne eyes flutter open and she looks visibly shook by the sight of me. I realize that it's weird for me to just be in house unannounced.

"What are you doing here?" she questions, and rightfully so.

"Bringing you coffee," I hand her a paper cup, "You didn't look like you were sleeping well."

"How'd you get in here?" she yawns, sitting up.

"Dil let me in," I explain, "What's wrong?"

She jumps again, like she's just remembered something, "Do you know what you said to me last night? Just before you went to bed?"

I chuckle awkwardly, "I-- uh-- I don't remember." I don't remember anything clearly at least. I was so tired last night, after I smoked I went straight to bed.