19.

was bloody, sore and I just wanted them to kill me. I couldn't catch a break, every hour on the hour, Jake would return and hit me a few more times; sometimes he's cut and burn me as well, just to mix it up a little. I knew that I had several broken bones and I was severely running low on blood, seeing as I had lost quite a lot. And it probably wasn't helping that Dallas had brought in Jacob Kane, the vampire that took too much every time he fed on me, to feed off of me. I was weak, so weak I couldn't even scream anymore; even though it hurt. Everything hurt.

"Kale," I wanted to snap my head around and glare at the person that had just walked into the room I was still tied to a chair in, but I couldn't. My head was lolled to the right and I couldn't even sit up properly now, I was slumped pitifully in the chair, my hands still unable to move even on inch as they were tied down. I pulled at the ropes anyway though as the person that had entered the room leaned down next to my chair and looked at me with wide eyes, "I'm so sorry," It was Ava. I still couldn't get over how she had betrayed me.

"We," I stopped talking for a moment to cough, blood dribbling down my chin as I did so, "Were supposed to be friends," My voice was nasty, it was thick and raspy with pain and dryness. Ava seemed to notice my lack of talking ability and produced a glass of water and two small white pills. Chlobixycn. At least that was what I thought it was, it could have been anything but I was in no position to turn down any sort of sketchy looking drug and Ava helped me gulp down the water and the pills. My head automatically began to feel better and I could feel some of my cuts and bruises healing, though even with two pills of Chlobixycn, I would still be left with a lot of damage and I doubted the scars would go away without surgery. I looked at her, finally being able to move my head and noticed for the first time her busted bottom lip with dried blood on it.

"What happened to you?" I hated myself for asking, I should hate her. I did hate her. But unfortunately I didn't have the skills to betray and leave my friends behind like she seemed to be able too. Ava had unshed tears in her eyes -- as if she actually cared -- as she reached up and gingerly touched her lip before dropping her hand again. Looking at her hurt me more than whatever physical pain I was feeling right now, I just couldn't believe she would do something like what she did to me.

"I asked Dallas to let your brothers go," Her response, though confusing, gave me hope that my brothers were still alive and that hopefully they would get out of whatever they had found themselves in. I also wondered why she would ask Dallas that in the first place, and why the hell it would matter. She was just a prostitute like me that hadn't fucked up quite as bad. Why would Dallas listen to her? Why did she think she would get special treatment?

"Why would he listen to you?"

"You know how I knew all that stuff the other day?" She didn't give me time to reply before she continued, "We've been sleeping together, Dallas and I," Her tears began to overflow, "I guess it isn't really sleeping together though, because he forces me, and tells me to get out afterwards..." I shook my head back and forth, tears in my own eyes. I didn't want to hear this, there was always a possibility that she was lying but I knew she wasn't. God, Dallas had forced her into all of this... Didn't even give her a chance.

"Oh, my God," I murmured as she wiped at her eyes, "Why?"

"I felt like I couldn't catch my breath," She told me, "I don't know what happened, Kale, I don't even know why I'm at this place in the first place," She shook her head and ran a hand through her blonde hair before taking it away, she was visibly shaking and I bit down on my bloody lip. I had always wondered how a girl as smart and talented and as beautiful as Ava Marie had ended up here at The Pentagon anyway, and now I had my answer. She didn't know.

"Ava, where are Mason and Trent?" I asked, partly because I didn't want her to have to relive whatever she had been reliving for days now and because it was the only question I really cared about the answer to at this point in time. I just needed them to be okay.

"They're down the hall," She told me.

"Get them out, please,"

"Look, Kale, I'm going to get you out of here," My eyes widened as she started pulling at the ropes and I shook my head again.

"No, don't," I cried, "Don't. If you do, he'll kill you and my brothers. Please, don't get me out, please save them," I begged. Tears squeezed themselves out of my eyes as I whipped my head back and forth, causing a throbbing pain behind my eyes and giving me whiplash, not to mention making me feel incredibly dizzy because of all the blood loss I had gone through. Ava ignored me as she continued untying the ropes before giving up and getting out a knife, cutting them off as the door to the room I was in slammed open, revealing Dean, Sam and Castiel. Sam and Castiel supported the weight of Mason and Trent as Dean walked in front, guns blazing. I had never been so happy to see them in my life.

"Mason!" I yelled, my throat hurt but I didn't care, "Trent!" They didn't respond, but I knew they weren't dead. Their heads lolled as Cas and Sam carried them, pained groans falling out from between their puffy lips. They were covered in their own blood, cuts and bruises and scars littered their bodies but I didn't care about that right now, they were alive. Ava got the ropes undone and I tried to stand to go to them, but nearly fell as soon as I did so. I hadn't stood in several days and I was weak, Dean caught me just before I fell and held onto my waist as I fell into his chest before throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him close.

"Freaking hell," At first, I thought that he was mad at me and I pulled my tired head out of the crook of his neck and looked at him.

"Are you mad at me, Dean?" He had every right to be. I had slept with him and then not only had I left in the middle of the note, leaving a vague note, I had walked straight into the den of the people he was trying to keep me safe from in the first place. But Dean just shook his head, pushing his lips into my hair as he clutched me close, the hilt of his gun pushing into my back.

"God, no, damn it," He swore, "I'm not mad at you, I'm just really freaking glad you're alive," And that was enough for me to smash my lips against his in a sloppy kiss, closing my eyes and filling it with so much desperation I felt I was going to faint. But I didn't, and when we parted he laid his forehead against mine as we both breathed heavily, our breath mingling as Ava finally interrupted us.

"Look, we need to go now if we want to get out before he notices nobodies responding over the comm system,"