41.

My body felt like a large hunk of ice that had been sent crashing through the waves of the ocean before catapulting straight into the Titanic. Except I felt like the one that was sinking. The waves were pulling me under and filled me with terror, causing me to violently try and cough up the icy waves that had forced themselves into my throat, burning it. A sickness rose in my throat and I thought I was going to throw up all over the bar before I swallowed it back and tried to remember my new found confidence in killing monsters and myself.

"It really is sweet, the two of you untouchables finding people you want to spend your lives with. Honestly, I thought you'd both die alone, but granted, I also thought you'd die before Dallas," I shivered again as Jacob Kane said Dallas's name and knowing that he was really standing in front of me right now made everything hurt. I thought I was done with him and as he looked over my face and body, lingering on my throat, I instinctively reached up and put a hand against my jugular. I could still feel his teeth marks.

"What are you doing here?" I hadn't seen or heard from Jacob Kane since the last time he had come to The Pentagon, which had been when Emma had offered to sleep with him because I was no longer an escort and then other things happened and nobody ended up sleeping with him. I think some part of already knew what he was doing here, but I was trying to think like there wasn't something terribly wrong with Dean.

"I just came to get a drink," He motioned to the empty bar seat beside Trent who was about ready to jump on top of Jacob Kane and throw punches until the vampire's head miraculously detached from the rest of his body. Even though the vampire motioned to the bar seat, he gave my throat another lingering gaze and I took an unconscious step back from where I had been standing before, bumping into the cabinet behind me and causing a single glass to fall off of the racks and smash on the floor beside me. I didn't even give it a glance.

"Bar's closed." I said. I had thought that I would be free of all of these type of situations for the rest of my life. I was in love with a Winchester, one of my best friends was a hunter and I was a Reed. Between the people I surrounded myself with, nothing dangerous should have had the opportunity to get as close to me as Jacob Kane was, emotionally and physically. I felt as if my heart should be beating a million beats per second, but instead it seemed to be doing the opposite. It was barely beating and it made me feel as if I was a huge ice block again, the coldness grabbing my heart and making it slow until I died.

"Okay," Jacob sat down anyway, "Then I'll tell you why I'm here. I have Bianca and Dean and I'm not going to give them back until I get you." He stared at me, his eyes narrowing as he told Trent and I exactly what he wanted. I swallowed harshly and I wanted to throw up again. Trent had stood from his bar stool and was furiously looking around for any hint of Bianca who had only gone on her break and should have been back by now. When he saw no sight of her, he turned on Jacob and punched him square in the face. I gasped and stepped sideways, crunching the smashed glass into the linoleum floor and the bottom of my shoe. I didn't know how the vampire would react, but he just sat there and smirked and acted as if nothing phased him.

"Where did you take her?" Trent shouted angrily, causing several of the monsters in the VIP lounge and Ava to look over at the three of us. Ava looked confused as she saw my stance and began to walk over to me, coming around the back of the bar to ask me what was going on. She probably thought she would just have to get her security guards to kick him out. But as she asked me what happened, I leaned closer to her with my frozen body parts and whispered halting sentences in her ear.

"He has Bianca," I swallowed again and felt a lump stick in my throat, "And Dean." I told Ava that we all needed to leave and she nodded agreeably.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave," She said to Trent and Jacob, hoping that the vampire would not start anything over being asked to get out. Ava looked over at me and said, "Its a slow night, sweetie. You can go too." Ava sent me a small, unconvinced smile as I nodded and took off my apron, leaving the safe confines of behind the bar and ignoring the broken glass off the ground before taking my bag out of a compartment behind the bar and strolling out of The Pentagon, pretending like my whole life wasn't changing.

Like I expected, Trent and Jacob followed me outside and Trent stood in front of me, physically shaking while Jacob touched my hair, sniffing my neck and I couldn't find the strength to do anything except stand there frozen like the ice hunk that sunk the Titanic but destroyed itself in the process.

"I'll give you a few days to think over my proposition, but after that, your sweethearts are dead." Jacob Kane hissed, and as I tried to turn around and get on my knees to beg for Dean's life, I realised that he was already gone. I felt sick, and this time I couldn't swallow back the bile in my throat and leaned over the curb and threw up, a puddle of stomach acid and whatever I had eaten in the past 24 hours. I threw up twice more, feeling my muscles starting to loosen before I sank to the ground, putting my head in my hands and beginning to sob. Thinking about the fact that in a few days, Dean could be dead, was ripping apart my insides and it hurt more than the stink of vomit beside me.

"Kale," Trent ordered, so harshly that I looked up from feeling sorry for myself as I remembered that Bianca was gone too, which made everything worse in my eyes. It nearly made me collapse and break again, turning into that shell of a person, that sorry excuse for a hunter, the person I had been before Dean had saved me, but the Trent spoke and reminded me of all the things I had to fight for.

"Call Sam, we're getting them home alive and you're not taking their place either." Trent's insane focus and his confidence that the good guys would beat the bad gave me the energy to stand up and walk away from the stinking spew on the curb and pull out my phone, already dialling Sam's number. Because Trent was right really, we would bring them both home alive, and there was no way I was going to stay with Jacob Kane. I remembered my thrill of killing monsters and it sent a surge of heat through my body, banishing the last of the ice that resided within me.

i got a new laptop guys so i will be updating often again (probably) until this is finished. not sure if i'll finish this soon still or keep going with what i planned. i guess i still have to finish the cora plot ;)) love you all and i hope you liked this chapter!

tell me what you all thought about kale's drive to kill and what you've liked best in this story so far!! xxxx