"Going somewhere?" My dad asked from the sofa.

"I'm just gonna spend the night at Mariah's."

"You usually ask." My mother threw in.

"Well you guys usually say yes, and it kinda slipped my mind."

"Well you know I love the girls but we miss hanging out with you too." Mom said.

As I didn't have any friends prior to the move, so the minute I actually made friends my parents embraced them like their own daughters...and having super close friends, their parents treated me like one of their daughters as well...well The Ocklan's (Elise's parents) did...Mariah's mom Joan was a hippie sorta woman who gave off more of an older sister vibe.

"Mom...I love you but I was kinda a hermit all of my life...please don't start depriving me now."

"Fine, Go...and don't go being a burden for Joan."

I nodded as another honk sounded, I told them bye and jumped into my friends car.

We found Val's new sorority house easily and we were welcomed in merrily.

When my sister told them it was my first party all the girls squealed in delight and basically began playing dress up Barbie on me. Before I knew it I was put into an olive colored body con dress that seemed like it was two sizes too small. Despite the fact that it had a modest length down just under my knees and long sleeves it clung to my body like a second skin, showing off more of my figure than I normally care to expose.

The party was insanely packed and everyone had a drink in their hand.

"Here." Valerie said as she held a red solo cup out to me.

"Val I don't drink!" I shouted in shock that my sister would even offer it to me.

"I know, ya nerd...its soda, just plain ol' diet coke."

I scrunched my nose, I hate diet soda.

"Sorry, it was the only non-alcoholic thing I could find."

I took it and thanked her, I took small sips of the gross brown liquid and then someone killed the music.

"Alright everyone, it's time to play our traditional game of catch and reward."

She explained the game before coming back over to the erst of us. "Okay, who's going first?"

Some girl raised her hand and The sorority president blindfolded her before she walked her into the middle of the crowd, I stood up on a chair and watched as she spun the girl around and then let her walk on her own.

She walked around a bit before she finally grabbed someone, the crowd all chuckled and then cheered we couldn't hear what she asked for but as the guy wrote something on her hand, it's safe to assume she asked him for his number.

This game went on for a while and suffice it to say I was actually enjoying the game and thanks to a very random bought of bravery all of a sudden I volunteered to go next as a light breeze blew from behind me, it tussled my hair and I put my hands up to stop the small gust of air from messing it up completely.

"Alright little one, step out of your heels and come with me." The girl said sweetly as she walked over, I took the shoes off and handed them to Mariah while Val held my drink. The Sorority President tied the black lace handkerchief over my eyes comfortably.

I couldn't see a thing and it made me slightly giddy with anxiousness...butterflies seemed to fill my stomach.

She placed one hand behind my elbow and the other held my hand as she walked me forward