Briefing

Crow glared out the window as the last bit of sun fled into the invisible mountains.

            So far… Crow thought.

            “We’ll have to deal with the Wraiths and Dibala. We can’t flee without going backwards and I’m not going back into the wilds.” Crow said and then turned to the Baxter’s, Jimmy and Azlyn with his hands on his hips.

            “Who’re you to say what we have to do? I say we make a run for it to the wilds, I’d rather get killed by nature than die to a Demon.” Boris barked.

            “Boris, we should listen to the man.” Jimmy said trying to establish some unity. He was right to as well, they needed to keep together to make sure no one died.

            “What’s your name?” Jack said mildly. He was quiet, Crow could tell because Crow himself was quiet.

            “It’s Crohan, my friends used to call me Crow.” And Crohan shook hands with Jack.

            “Used to?”

            “Yeah, they’re dead now.” Crow said with a grim tone.

            “That’s encouraging. Let’s follow the guy who came out of the wilds and has dead friends.” Boris said in a sarcastic tone.

            “He also saved our lives today.” Azlyn murmured.

            “You’ve got two choices, go out there and do whatever you plan on doing and die, or come with me and maybe you’ll survive.” Crow said and sat down against the wall. Azlyn did the same on the opposite wall and Jimmy beside her. The Baxter’s sat against the adjacent wall.

            “Those are great choices.” Boris snickered and sat down last. There was a lit lantern beside Ellis Baxter that barely provided enough light and even that flickered.

            “We should kill you, you know. You brought this hell here and now my parents and friends are dead. If we hadn’t been possessed we’d be dead.” Ellis said with a deep bitterness in his voice. He looked like an alright kid but now he would be scarred for life, everything had been stripped from these survivors and it was Crow’s fault.

            “You should be able to, I probably even deserve it but I’d be able to kill you all.” Crohan said. “Enough blood has been shed today and I don’t take kindly to killing innocent people but I will continue despite what any of you do. The forces of hell can’t hold me back, neither can you.”

            Silence veiled the room as each of them examined the scarred boy, he couldn’t be more than 25.

            “So what’s our play?” Azlyn asked again breaking small things in her hands like she had done with the twigs in the forest, this time it was flakes of chipped paint.

            “Well that depends, who’s good with a cross bow?” Crow asked withdrawing his. They all took a bit of awe at looking at the steel weapon gleaming in the light. It would’ve sold nicely in these parts; no one knew how to make such things in this town or the surrounding towns.

            “No one knows how to shoot your cross bow, do we look like the Legion?” Boris barked.

            “The Legion? Is this the standard dominating force within these areas?” Crohan asked without acknowledging Boris’ insults.

            “Yes, I know how to use one.” Jimmy said. Everyone looked at the boy with the nearly fatal wound. He was growing a deep pale and at first glance you might think he’s a dead man.