Chapter Thirteen

The moon tried to shine a pathway to Giuseppe's, but the light was too faint. I used my phone's light to guide the way, and soon I was standing at the restaurant. The building was dark and a sign above it said, in very fancy letters, "closed". 5.0.5 let out a whimper, but I shushed it. I looked around, and, not noticing anyone, I checked the time. My phone had shut off, and the time showed 10:40. 20 minutes early. Suddenly, my phone lit up with a text message from another unknown number. "Turn to your left." Confused, I did, and I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw a man standing there. He also was hiding his identity. He wore all black and the only facial feature I could see was his mouth cruelly smiling at me. 

"Come, doctor," he said sickeningly, and he placed an arm around my shoulders. "We have so much to talk about."

I nervously laughed as he began to bring me into the alley next to Giuseppe's. I began to rethink everything, when suddenly, we stopped.

"So...why did you want to meet me?" I asked, placing one of my hands into my pockets to reach for my ray gun. 

The man just let out a laugh. "It's not me who wanted to meet you. It's my boss."

Suddenly, I heard multiple feet and I watched as five men, all wearing the same outfit, came running from the other side of the alley. They set up a blockade, and I heard more feet come from behind me. Another blockade. 

I should have just not come, I thought as I grasped my ray gun. 

"Ah, Flug. So glad you could make it."

My fingers froze, and anger began to build up inside me. I recognized that voice. Demencia was right. She came.

"Mother," I growled, slowly turning to the entrance to the alley.

She was still in her superhero outfit. I will never like the colors pink or purple ever again. As she walked towards me it looked like she was cautiously approaching a dangerous animal. Her heels clicked slowly against the ground, and she had her hands clasped as if she was pleading I wouldn't attack. I let her approach me and when she did, we just stared at each other until I finally spoke up. 

"I thought that I made it pretty clear that I never wanted to see you again," I said, ready to let 5.0.5 get me out of here. 

"Flug..." My mother searched for the right words to say. "I-I'm trying to give you another chance. Please...pick the right choice."

"I am," I stated coldly, letting 5.0.5 out of my hoodie's pocket. "Black Hat and Demencia don't lie to me and keep secrets from me for many years." I sighed. "Maybe if you told me the truth earlier we wouldn't be standing here like this."

"Fl-"

"Look," I cut her off. "I'm letting you off easy. I'm letting you live." 5.0.5 grew behind me and I climbed onto the bear. "I never want to see your face ever again. Goodbye, mother."

5.0.5 turned to leave, but a gunshot rang through the air. I whirled around on 5.0.5 to see one of the blockades gone, and my mother kneeling on the ground. 

"Mother!" I screamed, jumping off of 5.0.5 and running to her side. "I didn't want this to happen! Who shot you?!?"

"It's okay, Flug," my mother winced as I helped her stand up. "It just grazed my side."

She winced in pain, and I placed her arm around my shoulders to help her stand. I glanced to the opening of the alley, but the person who had shot my mother had vanished. 

"Come on," I said, placing her on 5.0.5's back. "We need to get you to the nearest hospital."

My mother weakly pointed down the alley to where the hospital was brightly lit up. I mentally slapped myself for not noticing the massive, white building, and soon we slowly began to make our way towards the hospital.