Chapter Ten

It's wrong. It all went wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen. The heroes had come.
I was standing in the doorway of the room that held the gauntlet, my knees shaking. Demencia was struggling against Ferd, who held her close to him, pinning her arms to her side. 5.0.5 was backed up into a corner, surrounded by Ferd's helpers. Black Hat's back was to a wall, and he was growling at a man clad entirely in blue. He had the Medusa Gauntlet in his hands, and he looked as if he was about to use it. Instead, he turned to me and nodded his head. Confused, I titled my head, as he wouldn't be able to see my expression underneath my bag. He rolled his eyes, and, making sure that the blue cladded man didn't see him, made a gun with his fingers. My eyes widened in realization as I, with shaking hands, pulled the ray out of my pocket. The figure noticed Black Hat's hand, and he turned his head towards me. Our eyes locked, and we both stepped back in shock.

"F-f-" I couldn't speak, as I took a step forward.

"Flug," the man replied, stepping forward. "W-what are you doing?"

Shaking my head I lifted the ray again, and pointed it towards the man.

"S-stay away from me!" I yelled at him, powering up the ray. "I-I don't want to do this!"

The man stopped, his hand outstretched towards me.

"Son," he whispered, his voice barely reaching my ears.

"I said STAY AWAY!" I shouted, closing my eyes and firing.

I opened my eyes just as the ray made contact with his stomach. Eyes wide in shock, my father fell to the floor, gasping for breath. I dropped the ray and it hit the floor just as my father's body did the same.

No. No no no no no... I thought wildly, running towards the body.

I fell to my knees and looked at my father's still face. His eyes and mouth were still open as if he couldn't believe that he was just murdered by his own son. I couldn't believe that either. A large pool of blood was forming around his still body, his arm draped across the hole that was his stomach. I ripped off my bag and pressed my ear to where his heart was. There was no sound. I slowly lifted my head, and closed his eyes. I sat back on my heels, my head bowed, tears forming in my eyes.

I'm sorry, father, I thought, looking at my hands. I never meant to do this to you.

I heard the sound of running feet, and soon silence. I chose not to move when I heard more footsteps approach me. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but all I did was turn my head to the side. My eyes came in contact with the ray, and anger burst within me. I screamed as I stood up and kicked the ray far away from where I was standing.

"It couldn't be my fault!" I yelled to no one in particular. "I wasn't the cause of the crash! I wasn't the cause of my father's death!" I fell to my knees again. "It's not my fault."

"Flug," Black Hat began, stepping towards me.

I stood up, and backed away from him. It was his fault. He was the one who turned me into this...this...VILLAIN. My foot kicked up against the ray, and I swiftly picked it up and pointed at Black Hat in defense. Soon, Demencia and 5.0.5 approached him, and I moved the ray between all three of them.

"I WOULDN'T BE THIS WAY IF I NEVER MET YOU!" I shouted at Demencia and Black Hat before pointing at 5.0.5. "AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE CREATED YOU!"

The blue bear began to tear up at what I said, and Demencia gave it a sympathetic pat. Black Hat's eyes narrowed and took a step forward.

"FLUG!" he growled, his face turning monstrous. "PUT THE RAY DOWN."

I shrieked and dropped the ray, terrified. I began to shake and backed up until my back hit the wall behind me. Black Hat approached me, and I flinched as he reached his hand out to me. I closed my eyes in fear, but opened them when I felt his hand on my shoulder. His face had turned back to normal and he looked at me with sad eyes. I finally broke down and began to sob. I covered my eyes, not moving when I felt arms around me. We stood there for a while, the silence of the aftermath of the robbery ringing through the air.