Cutscene Part 2 - They Meet

Double doors blasted open, and the sound of surprised exclamations and the squeaks of someone's shoes echoed in the hallway. He didn't have to look behind him to know that they were near. He hadn't wanted to come into the city with so many people to witness, but he had been left no choice—the others had shepherded him toward the city, so that was where the chase had continued. And, with his life on the line, he dared not risk any brash maneuvers. His yellow shoes hit the floor, his heart beating a steady rhythm in his chest. He raced down the hall as it curved to the right, narrowly dodging people on the way. He ignored the shouts and startled or heated looks directed toward him. He didn't have to deal with them, so he didn't give them a second thought.

He made another right turn, and in his mind's-eye, he could see that he was nearing a dead end. However, there was a narrow passage to his left that he could take. So when he came a little ways down the hall, he turned left. He gasped when he realized that the door was closed, but he was already heading straight for it. Having only a second or two of reaction time, he leaped forward and rammed into the door with his right shoulder. It worked; the door burst wide open and he flew right through. It was then that he realized that he may have not made the right choice though, and for these reasons: for starters, he just tore the door from its hinges. Secondly, now his shoulder hurt like heck. And, lastly...

... the door had opened to stairs.

He cried out in surprise, the door falling with him to his left, the railing on his right, stairs flying past beneath him and getting nearer. Making a split-second decision, he snatched the door from his left, flipped it on its side, and got his feet over it just as he came into contact with the stairs. The landing jostled him, and he struggled to keep his balance and stay on. With its handle that went across the door serving as a foothold, he haphazardly "door boarded" his way down the stairwell.

Just as he was beginning to enjoy himself, he saw the end of the stairs rushing at him. Hurtling towards the end, on the last steps, he jumped. Still heading down, the door sped forward beneath him, smashing hard into the wall with a loud bang. His feet headed for the smooth ground at the base of the stairs, and landing at an angle, his feet skidded on the floor. Strands of his long blond hair falling into his vision as he found traction, and he pushed from the ground and bolted down the hall to his right. The end of the corridor opened up into a room, and there he took a left, pushing through double doors. Then he gasped, eyes widening as he looked around at the large and brightly lit room.

He was in a hockey stadium.

His nerves shot as his foot slipped beneath him, and he looked down to find himself on the ice rink. "Well, that's just fantastic," he muttered, keeping his knees bent as he slid.

"Look out!" someone called out behind him.

He turned, and immediately ducked, a small object flying over his head. He heard the object hit the wall of the rink with a loud bang that echoed in the room. He looked up just in time to jump back out of the way of someone whizzing past him in a blur of blue and yellow. His feet flew out beneath him, and he fell on his back on the ice, winding him. Trying to get his breath back, he heard the shouts all around him:

"Ha! It's the bench for you, man! I think hitting a civilian is a negative point."

"Bag your face, he doesn't count. I didn't even see him."

"Who is that guy? What's he doing on the ice?"

"Hey, does he even have skates?"

"Someone get him off!"

He pushed himself up on his left elbow with a grunt. As he carefully sat up, one knee on the cold surface, he looked around himself, and suddenly realized that he had stumbled right into a hockey practice.