Hound of Tindalos x reader

Ok so this one's a lil bit different since this monster girl isn't from the mge but one I made myself! She's based on the creatures made by Frank Belknap Long. I hope yall can still enjoy her ^^

You had discovered time travel.

Sort of.

Ever since you were little you had been fascinated by the concept, eating up any story with it and constantly daydreaming about it. When any new news about it came out, you cut out the article and kept it. You threw yourself on your studies, hoping to eventually be the one to figure it out.

You initially focused on physics and engineering, hoping to create one of those classical machines that were always used in children's cartoons. However soon it became clear that that would not produce any results.

So you went in a different direction. Based on some rumours you threw yourself on chemistry and biology and after many failed experiments you'd finally found a way to do it, sort of. With a mixture of chemical substances and herbs you'd managed to find a way to induce a trans so your consciousness could wander back in time to witness past and future events, and you were reasonably sure that it was safe. Soon you were conducting experiments with it often: you travelled to ancient Rome, to the Maya city of Tikal when it was still bloomig and to Edo Japan. Granted it wasn't perfect, you were only there in spirit and could only observe, but it was still much better than nothing. You also knew that you could travel to the future with the substance too but the farthest you'd gone was a week later, just to check if it was possible. Admittedly you were nervous to go, a bit worried about what a far future would bring, so you hadn't gone far.

At first it had been great fun! Taking in all the sights and experiences, it left you walking on a cloud for the first weeks. 

Then the feeling began.

At the most random of times you started to feel watched: when you were sitting on the couch watching tv, when coming home from work, when at a bar with friends. It was as if something was constantly keeping its eyes on you, as if hunting you.

The feeling only got worse over time and as you time-travelled more. At first it had only been occasionally, when you were alone, but now it was near constant. You started to hear things too, the dripping of some kind of liquid and a vague panting noise. 

By the end you were quite frankly paranoid. You buried yourself in your work in the hope of ignoring the sensation, and you clung to your friends just so you at least wouldn't be alone. 

You couldn't always do that however, you were still human after all. One night, as you'd managed to actually fall asleep for once, you were woken up by a cold breeze. As you looked around in confusion you noticed something at the corner of your room.

You noticed that you couldn't see anything.

The corner had been completely enveloped in dark, whispy shadows, impossible to see anything in it. The shadows grew larger, covering more of you walls until finally something emerged from it.

First it was a single, grey hand with large black claws, followed by another as the creature slowly walked out. It was vaguely shaped like a lean, grey-skinned woman with long, messy black hair on her face. She had a long, thin tail swaying behind her and she grinned, showing off sharp canine teeth. Her long tongue dangled slightly from her mouth, occasionally dripping weird blue drool onto the floor. Her eyes were just as pitch black as the shadows she'd come from and she kept them focused on you all while she walked out of the shadow.

Slowly, she crept onto and over the bed until she was right in front of your face, still grinning. You were pretty much paralyzed right now. As much as you wanted to scream or throw her off you simply couldn't move any part of your body, too entranced by the fear of what she might do.