Gandharva x reader

I somehow absolutely loved the idea of the Gandharvas when reading about them on the wiki, so I got inspired! I'll also feel like hell in the morning for staying up writing this xD also sitar music is the shit

The clamour of battle and the scent of blood filled the air. This was it. The final battle of this war. For years your kingdom had fought with your enemies and this was the final battle. Each kingdom had drawn up as much men as it could, mighty heroes joining each side. This battle would decide the future of millions. 

Though frankly the why and how and the significance of this battle was maybe a bit less on your mind right now, as you were trying to stay alive. You had been part of one of the first waves of attack, riding on your trusty steed at the enemy line while shouting your battle cry. However in the ensuing chaos you'd lost your mount and helmet. Luckily the enemy had been pushed back by the charge so you weren't immediately murdered, but you were still trying to keep enemies away with your sabre. Your odds weren't looking good right now. 

Then something different and rather unexpected happened. You heard music. Not a drum beat or the call of a horn like would be normal in battle, but the gentle, sharp twangs of a sitar melody. Even so it wasn't ordinary sitar music like you'd heart back at court. It was an absolutely beautiful, soothing melody, so skilled and harmonious that you wouldn't believe anyone on this earth could produce such a sound. 

What you saw when you looked in the direction of the sound confirmed that thought. The dark, grey skies had parted, and light shone forth from a crack in the clouds. Several winged beings descended from the skies. They looked gorgeous, the body of a beautiful woman with wings and legs of golden feathers glinting in the sunlight, their hands quickly plucking along the strings of the sitars. For a moment you felt your breathing stop, so overawed were you at the sight.

The gentle music filled your ears, filling you with calm and peace. You dropped your weapon, you didn't feel like you needed it anymore to be honest. It all sounded so silly now, this war, all those ideas of martial honour you were raised with. Why would someone ever want to fight and kill, when beauty like that existed? Wasn't that a much better thing to strive for. 

Your reaction seemed to be shared by the rest of the warriors on the field. All around people had dropped their swords and were talking amicably. People who had tried to skewer each other just a moment before were now hugging as if they were long lost friends. Some were even kissing and doing... other things. It was an outcome you would never even have thought of when you rode out to battle this morning, but it was one you definitely preferred now. 

When looking around, you noticed one of the winged women had landed nearby. She was still plucking along on her instrument, a satisfied smile on her face as she looked around. Until she saw you and a smirk came on her face as her eyes widened a bit with interest. She stopped playing and beckoned you closer. There was something about her you just couldn't resist. You walked closer, stumbling a little bit over the uneven and slick terrain. As you got closer to her, the smell in the air changed. Before it had still had the normal smell of a battlefield, that of sweat and blood, but now there was a sweet scent mixed in. You wouldn't be able to describe it even if you tried. It was sweet, but not any kind of sweet you'd smelled from something in your entire life. The smell was completely new and oh so delicious. It only got stronger as you went in, filling your mind and making your lower regions grow warm. 

When you got within arms reach she pulled you closer with a hand on the back of your head, as her large, warm wings enveloped you. She leant down and sniffed your hair, a satisfied smirk on her face as she leant back again, her hand moving to carress your cheek. 

"Hmm... you smell good. And you've got a very pretty face~"

Her hands trailed down your shoulders, pulling you even closer, her strong scent enveloping,you and making it hard to think straight. 

"I think I'll keep you as my wife. Would you like that?"

 You nodded, smiling and nuzzling into her embrace. You wanted more of this, her scent, her warmth. Back home wasn't that nice anyway. You'd probably just be married of to someone you'd never met anyway, only to live out a boring life and die when you were old, probably out of boredom, or on the battlefield. This seemed like a much more pleasant future.

She smiled broadly, and you decided that it was the prettiest sight you'd ever seen. She leant in to give you a soft, loving kiss on the lips. You closed your eyes and responded, wrapping your arms around your neck and pressing yourself closer to her, getting lost in the sensation. When you pulled away you were a bit dizzy, both from the lack of oxygen and the sweet sensation. It seemed the Gandharva found that amusing as a soft chuckle escaped her lips. She gently brushed her hand through her air, neither of you saying much for a moment as you simply got lost in each other's eyes, before she spoke up.

"So, what's your name?" 

You blushed a bit, looking away embarassed. You had just gotten so caught up with someone and neither of you even knew each other's names. Still, you managed to stutter out your name. "Y-y/n"

The woman smirked, finding your sudden embarassment complete and utterly dear. She moved your head back to look at her, leaning in to peck your lips again. 

"Y/n... a pretty name for a pretty lady." 

She then leant back in, her hot breath tickling your ear as she whispered. "I'm Khilana."

That was too much honestly. This whole interaction had gotten you quite worked up and when you felt her say your name like that and her breath brush past your ear, you had to cross your legs as a jolt of pleasure jolted through you. 

A burst of laughter sounded. It seems Khilana had noticed your excitement. She looked back at you as your face went even redder than it already was.

"I'm definitely flattered dear~ But don't get too excited now. You deserve a lot better than a first time on a muddy field." 

You felt her arms wrap around you tightly and the flap of wings when suddenly you were lifted up into the air. A yelp left your mouth involuntarily and you clung to Khilana tightly as she brushed your hair to make help calm you down from the surprise. Frankly the thought of flying like this was kind of scary, but you did like how nice and strong her arms felt around you...

You honestly couldn't tell how long the flight took. It was almost like there was a blank spot in your memory. But the end of it was signalled by Khilana excitedly yelling out "we're here!" and her laying you down on a very soft pile of cushions. When you opened your eyes again you saw Khilana hovering over you as she straddled you, her eyes half lidded and with a predatory look in them. 

"Now, y/n. Ready to become my wife?"

Suffice it to say that was the best night of your life.

--- timeskip---

You had been Khilana's wife for six months now and you couldn't be happier. She told you much about her people. the Gandharvas were a race of divine beings, born from love and beauty, with the single purpose of spreading happiness and love to the earth as much as they could. And it seemed in this case they had succeeded. The two kingdoms that were fighting that day were now united. Their two queens were married and many new families were created through the new bonds of the soldiers in the two armies. It was now one, prosperous realm 

In the meantime, you had learned much more about your new wife. She wasn't always the smooth, charming beauty she was on the day you two met. She had a very large sweet tooth, was rather grumpy in the mornings, a sore loser at chess and a very intense cuddler. But those things only made you love her more.

As you two were now laying on her bed, you snuggled into her arms as her wings had wrapped around you and her pressing soft kisses to the top of your head, you realised life was perfect like this.

"Hey Khilana?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm really glad we had that battle that day."

You felt her smile against your hair. "I am too. I love you."

"Love you too..."

And with that you dozed off, happy and content.