39| The Internship.

Start from the beginning

Lance opened his mouth to answer, when he realized that he knew little of the secret experiment the lab was working on. It's been over a year since he was first told about the project, and when Lance found himself doing other things around the lab, he sort of let the information about MKUltra leave his mind. When staying silent, the older of the two chuckled, before glancing at the aspiring doctor, and his flushed cheeks.

"I-it's the one with LSD? Right?" The young male mumbled towards his superior. His blue eyes falling onto the ground, somewhat bashful to meet the doctor's eyes.

Martin Brenner gave out a hum, before his hands loudly clasped together behind his back, making Lance lightly twitch at the sudden sound. "Yes. Yes. Well, we found some excellent subjects. College kids. You children nowadays are always trying to make a quick buck." Dr. Brenner found amusement in his own claim, and lightly chuckled, making Lance nervously follow after.

"So, are we gonna test them?" Lance found himself asking. He, then, was taken back when Brenner snapped his fingers, and two of his assistants that he didn't notice was tailing them, rushed up to the two. Before Lance could even blink, his arms were filled with folders and files.

"Yes. We are going to test them. Starting tonight, so get to studying. You'll be here all night." This made the Tyrell wince at the thought of having to cancel dinner with Kathryn, but he quickly got over it because at the end of the day, this internship meant a lot.

Lance quickly sat down on the uncomfortable leather seat in the empty conference room Dr. Brenner showed him, and dived right into the work. He browsed through the files that contained many names and couldn't help but feel his stomach drop at the thought of these young females being experimented on. He got into the medical field to save lives, not to dangerously experiment on them.

The more he read, the more uneasy he became. The files contained more than these people's blood types and medical history, they had personal information of each woman, such as past addresses and relationships. Lance was in the middle of reading all of Elizabeth Taffer's hobbies, when he heard a knock.

He looked up from the pile of paperwork, and smiled when seeing one of his fellow interns walking up to him with some food. Just by looking at the amount on his plate, Lance could tell he was going to be here for a while.

•• •• •• ••

"Get me another cup, please?" Lance pleaded to his girlfriend, before rushing towards the conference room.

After the heavily served lunch, the charming male couldn't concentrate on any of the files before. He ended up dozing off into a 'food coma', only to have Kathryn find him passed out, head-first, onto the table. When hearing that Dr. Brenner was expecting him in less than ten minutes, he was fast on his feet.
Thankfully, Kathryn had a cup of coffee ready for him.

"Lance." One of Brenner's orderly's called out to him.

The young male turned to look at the cubby doctor, and sent him a smile. He was hoping that the expression was charming enough to hide the disapproval he was now feeling for this project. "Ray." Lance nodded. 

"This way. Follow me." The bald man cocked his head towards the double doors, motioning the intern to follow closely behind. "I'm not sure if you already know this, but we already did a few trials in the past week. So, some of the ladies are already feeling the side-effects." 

Upon entering the room, Lance's blue eyes quickly found the floor as the women he read about in the many files, were now standing in front of him. It was a different feeling, seeing them in real life than in unmoving pictures, smiling brightly up at him. All nervous, and unkempt. He took in the sunken parts of their youthful faces, and grimaced at the effects these drugs seem to be having on the young women.

"This isn't right." Lance murmured to the orderly beside him, "I mean, look at these young ladies. They look horrible."

"Well, they signed on for this. Meaning, they're our property." Ray chuckled, before walking towards one of the female's who seemed to be acting up, before tasing her down.

The young intern shivered at the words that slipped from Orderly Carroll's mouth. His moral compass began to act of the fritz and he now wanted a way out.

With no extra second to spare, Lance briskly made his way towards the exit, so he can tell Brenner he was out, when his ears caught a familiar jingle. His fingers had brushed against the doors handle, he was so close to leaving all this behind before it could get ugly, but the harmonious giggles that rattled around in his head called out to him.

His eyes, then, caught sight of her curly blonde hair. Lance was taken back by the shoulder length cut, he almost didn't recognize her.

But he caught her eyes.

Her beautiful brown eyes that got him falling for her all those years ago, back when they were in junior high.

"Rose?"

____________________________
Flash back over!
For now...
Duh, Duh, Duh!

There will be a few chapters with Sully and Billy, then we'll be back with more fetus Mamma and Papa Tyrell!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter
❤️❤️❤️

And quick question?
How many of you guys are already on summer break?