Chapter 3

Christina and Adam finally made it out of bed at around noon, throwing on their clothes before making their way downstairs, to his kitchen. They shared breakfast, and were about to head out of the house, when the doorbell rang. Christina opened it, seeing that Adam was busy putting his shoes on,"Behati," she said, a shocked expression on her face, seeing the woman in front of her.

"Christina? What are you doing here? Where's Adam?" Behati asked, impatiently looking past Christina into the house.

"Who's at the door, babe?" Adam asked, walking up behind Christina and wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Um what?" Behati asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Behati? What are you doing here?" Adam asked, making no move to step away from Christina, even though it was quite obvious that this was a very uncomfortable situation for her.

"I asked you first. What is going on here?" Behati asked, not missing a beat.

"I don't think I have to explain myself to you. We broke up, in case you don't remember," Adam said snidely.

"Yeah, like, three days ago! You're already with someone else? Well, I mean, I guess it doesn't surprise me. I thought that you were probably cheating on me with this whore," Behati said, not even acknowledging the fact that Christina was standing right there. "I don't know why you would, but I knew you were," she added a moment later.

Adam was pissed now,"I never cheated on you. If I remember correctly, you are the one who cheated on me. Furthermore, Christina is not a whore. If anyone is a whore, it's you. I am a grown ass man, which means I can sleep with, be in a relationship with, and love whoever the fuck I want. Now, if you would leave, we have to go back to Christina's for lunch with her son."

Both of Behati's eyebrows shot up,"Did you just say love? You sleep with this bitch once, and you say you love her, but we are in an actual relationship and you can't say it to me?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

Adam shrugged,"Christina is a very lovable woman. You're a bitch. Case closed. Now can you leave?" he said simply. Behati, shocked into silence, simply turned, walking away as Adam slammed the door, wrapping both of his arms around Christina and pressing a kiss to the bak of her head,"Sorry you had to go through that. Like I said, she's a bitch," Adam said apologetically.

Christina turned in his arms, a soft smile on his face,"Thanks for sticking up for me," she said softly, giving him a gentle kiss,"It really meant a lot to me," she added once she'd pulled away.

Adam smirked,"I gotta stick up for my girl," he said simply.

Christina laughed,"Oh please, Levine, I am nobody's 'girl'. I do not belong to anyone," she said.

Adam chuckled,"Oh yeah, I forgot how fiercely independent you are, Miss Aguilera," he said, kissing her.

Christina smirked,"You better get used to it, if you plan on being in a relationship with me," she said.

"Oh, I think I can handle it," Adam said, pulling away and grabbing his car keys,"Now, lets go have lunch with your son," he said, lacing their fingers together, and pulling her out the door.