The vacation -8

You're all driving down the long, desert road.
"Some say it was a military experiment gone wrong. They say he roams the desert feeding off lost strangers. They say he has the body of a cougar. The wings of a bat. And the head... of a duck!!"
"Aaah!" Everyone screams.
"Guys guys guys! Please save the campfire stories for the campfire you're going to give him nightmares." Nicole says and holds Richards hand as he whimpers. You all giggle in the backseat, and Anias says,
"Okay my turn!" Anias says and takes the flashlight from gumball.
"There was once an old-" she begins but stops as Richard puts a fluffy pink marshmallow on a stick above the flashlight.
"Dad we've been over this. It's not a real fire."
"Dad we've been over this nanan." Richard mocks as he turns on the a.c.
"There was once a pickup truck that followed a man on an empty highway for hours and hours. The man slowed down to let the truck overtake him, but when the truck pulled level, the window rolled down and the man realized the truck had no driver!" She yells. You, gumball and Darwin at the edge of your seats.
Everyone screams once again, then the screaming turns to laughter.
"I've got one!" You say and raise your hand excitedly. Anias hands you the flashlight, and you proceed with the story.
"There was once an old hospital. Two explorers were wandering around late at night, and saw a light coming from an upstairs window. They went inside, hoping to get lit of the storm, and some food, but when they went I side they realized the only people... we're ZOMBIES!!" You yell and everyone screams again, then laugh. "Good one y/n." Darwin says and bumps my arm. Gumball gives him a sideways glare.
"Okay, I've got one." Richard says and squeezes his head between the seats, smashing his face.
"There was once a very hungry hitch hiker who was lost at night, he saw some light coming in from a house so he walked in but found it deserted except for one fridge," all of you guy's mouths hung open in anticipation.
"He slowly opened the door and realized, THE FRISGE WAS EMPTY! Aaaa!" He yells.
"Dad, that was about as scary as being chased by a sworm of Butterflies." Gumball says with an unimpressed look on his face.
"Yeah. Or a street gang of kittens." Anias chimes in. You have an unimpressed look on your face too.
"Hmph!" He says and sits back up.
"Dont worry Mr dad, grown ups can't tell scary stories!" Darwin says nicely.
"Oh really? Then what about the tale of the 16 hour shift, with no paid overtime!" Nicole says in a creepy voice.
"Mom, face it, you can't tell a horror story." Anias says.
"Yeah well, maybe when you kids grow up you'll know how scary financial pressures can be." She says and continues to drive, looking straight ahead.
"Don't worry misses mom, it's not your fault you're boring, it's because you're old." Darwin says in a matter of fact tone.
Nicole gets an idea suddenly.
"Richard, flashlight. Higher that's not a flattering angle." She says as Richard puts the flashlight a little too low.
"In a car, driving through the desert, just like this one, there was a family, just like ours,"
"AAAA!" Richard screams.
"Richard that's not the scary but." She says and proceeds with her story.
"They were heading on a camping trip, when they broke down, in the middle of no where." Everything is now tense, you, Gumball, Anias, Darwin, and Richard are all sweating nervously. You hug Gumball, and he hugs you tighter.
"A strange old man, living in a Darrel licked gas station helped them out and suggested they stay for dinner." You all start sinking I do the backseat.
"And as he grinned at them with a toothless smile, they realized that the main course... was them!" Nicole yells and turns around in her seat for dramatic affect.
"AAAAA!" More screams.
"Now, we better hope we don't brake down." Nicole says. The car starts making weird noises, and comes to a stop. Nicole smirks, and everyone panicky and screams once again.
"Booya! Who's boring now?" Nicole says and turns around again.
"Oh hahaha." Everyone laughs, relieved that it was just a prank. You let go of Gumball, and he lets go of you.
"You really nailed it with the fake braking down. I wish I was still wearing diapers." Anias says.
"Heh okay, let's get back on the road." Nicole says and tries to crack the car, but it just sputteres and doesn't crank. She tries again, but no luck.
"Ahah, so, you're gunna laugh at this." She says nervously.
"AAAA!" Everyone panics.
"Oh, calm down." She says.
"But it's just like in the story!" Darwin points out.
"Some toothless old guy is gunna eat my brain!" Gumball says dramatically.
"Come on guys it was just a story." You say and laugh a bit.
"Y/n is right. I'm sure it's nothing." Nicole says and gets out to check under the hood.
She opens it and closes it again., it's full of melted marshmallows.
"Richard, why is the engine compartment full of marshmallows?"
"Aha, Nicole, I think you mean the 'front trunk'." He says and smirks. You facepalm, and so does Anias.
She slams the hood up and down over and over in anger. She breathes in, and says,
"Okay, this is not going to ruin our camping trip." She says and lays a map out on the hood.
"Here. There's a garage a mile north. Richard, go get help." She says and looks up to Richard, who is frying a marshmallow on the back of the car, sitting on a lawnchair.
"K I'll go when my marshmellow's done." He says. Nicole runs up and burns the marshmallow to a crisp with a glare.
"Ah! Okay, I'll go!" Richard says and drops the burning marshmallow.
"Thank you honey." Nicole says in a sweet voice.
"Ugh. I'm supposed to be on vacation you know." Richard says as he trudges down the side of the road.
"Richard you don't have a job, you're always on vacation." Nicole says back.
"Uughh." He groans.