second day -3

It's your second day and you're boarding the bus, scanning the seats for gumball and Darwin. You spot them in the back, and grin widely as you walk towards them. They're to busy in conversation about something for then to notice you. You walk down the aisle,
And a foot is stuck out beneath you. You see a yellow flash as you go down. You almost hit the ground when you feel a pair of warm arms grab you. "Are you okay y/n?" Gumball says. "Yeah...thanks..." You open your eyes and look deeply into his grayish blue orbs, and he looks into yours. He leans in slowly to close the gap between you two, and the bus jolts forward. Gumball stumbles back, and you stand to your feet. He blushes and looks around nervously. "Uh, wanna come sit with us?" He says as a blush falls over your face as well. "Uh, sure." You say and sit down walk a couple steps forwards to their seat, glancing a sassy, thankful glare to Penney. She frowns and puts her hands on her hips, along with a "hmph!"
(You got detention again from the old monkey :( )
Later in detention, Simian it's at her desk, looking at her phone and drinking coffee. You sigh and look over at Gumball, he's on his phone. You tap your claw lightly against the desk, which grabs his attention. You point at simian and make a ugly monkey face, then scratch your underarms like a monkey. He puts his paws over his mouth, suppressing a laugh. You take it one step further and stand up, dancing around like a monkey. He chortles a bit, which makes you giggle silently.
You hear the bell and instantly jump back in your seat, as Gumball looks straight forward, a light blush coming over his face.
"Detention is over. Now get out." She says without looking up.
You grab your bag and head outside to the school bus with Gumball. Since the normal school bus already left, it was the short bus. You cringe along with gumball as you approach it, the crazy sounds and people on there.
"Nope." You both say and turn to walk down the sidewalk.
"So y/n, where do you live?" Gumball says.
"York street. Either
"Really? I live in that blue house!" He says.
"Wow that's so cool! What a small world." You say and smile. 
He nods in agreement. Silence. You fell yourself tense up as your mind races. What should we talk about? This is so awkward!
"So uh, about Penney..." He says breaking the silence.
You look at him with anticipation.
"We're not together. I mean we used to be, but...not anymore." He says looking off to the side. Obviously there is more to this story, and you wanted to hear it.
"Ah. That's okay! You've got me now!" You say bumping his elbow playfully. He blushes, and so do you, realizing what you just said.
"Uh I mean, ya know... me, and Darwin..." You trail off nervously.
"Gumball!" Someone yells down the walk. You didn't realize it, but you were right in between your houses. A blue cat runs up to you two, she has a excited look on her face. She has on a grey skirt, a white shirt, and like Gumball, no shoes.
"Oh! Hello. Who's this?" She says when she notices you.
"Uh...mom this is my friend y/n. We were just walking home together." He says awkwardly.
"Well nice to meet you! I'm Nicole. Gumball's mother." She says and shakes your hand. "Nice to meet you." You say politely.
"So, are you two-" "no!" Gumball cuts her off before she cod add any more tenseness to this situation.
"Oh haha I don't believe that for a minute. Who wouldn't date a beautiful young girl like y/n.." She says gesturing to you.
"Mom!" Gumball growls. His face is a dark red. You feel your face heat up too.
"Oh, alright, I'll leave you two alone. By the way I made cookies if anyone wants some!" She says waving as she walks back inside.
"That's weird. My mom never makes cookies. Unless she's super happy about something." He says with his hand resting on his chin, in a thinking position. You glance to the upstairs window, there is Darwin, a little and big rabbit watching you two. They start laughing when you look at them. Gumball notices you looking and looks over, before sighing annoyed.
"Ugh! Come on y/n Let's go somewhere alone." He says, taking your hand and dragging you along the sidewalk.
"Where are we going?" You say a huge grin on your face.
"Let's go somewhere alone." Gumball's words Echoes in the back of your mind, cashing you to blush.
"You like ice cream?" He says smiling. "Ooh I love ice cream!" You squeal. You approach the diner 'dinner' that is in the mall.
"Diner called dinner?" You say in confusion.
"Yeah. Pretty weird right?" He says as you two sit down.
"Yeah." You giggle. A tall skinny rock like guy with a big head comes to the table with a notepad. "What can I get two today? Oh... Watterson. " he says when he sees Gumball. You glance between them, trying to figure out why he so salty.
"Sup Larry. I want the chocolate ice cream sunday. What do you want y/n?" He says, ignoring the comment from Larry.
"I'd like to get the same thing please." You say politely. You're rather shy, which makes you seem super polite sometimes.
"Coming right up!" He says and walks away, smiling at you.
"What's with that guy?" You whisper once he goes into the kitchen.
"Well Larry kinda doesn't like me and my family. Cuz he works everywhere here in town, and has to deal with us a lot..."
Well that explains it." You joke. "Hey!" He says and laughs along with you. "Here you go!" Larry says and puts the ice creams in front of you. "Thanks Larry." Gumball says and digs in.
"Thank you!" You say quickly and dig in as well.