Chapter 23: "Love bites." Part (2/2)

chloe's point of view

I stared out at the dark night sky, looking up in the million of stars shining down at me. I held loosely on the black steel railing as I leaned into it and sighing. I had quietly climbed out of bed and went to my back patio, carelessly leaving the patio doors open as the wind gently blew the trees and my sheer curtains around. I held the blanket I had wrapped around me, more tightly to my body. I look all around me, not a living soul out and it felt like I was the only one in this world. Although it's 3 A.M. I always do this when I can't sleep, and it's always the exact same time.

3:34 a.m.

I sigh again, running my tongue across my lips, I let myself pause for a second. I couldn't fucking sleep and it was annoying me to oblivion. Why I couldn't see was a question I couldn't answer for myself. I let my eyes dropped to the ground down below me cover with freshly cut green grass and rainbow colored flowers. I rolled my eyes at the thought that just came across my mind, I knew all too well why I couldn't sleep, myself, however, did not want to admit it. Closing my eyes, I cover them with my hands and leaned on the railing with my elbows on the edge.

It's in fact the night- barley the night, after what happen in the movie the theater. My mind was racked with memories on what happen, what was said, and how things turned out. It was a pleasant night at first but of course Justin and Rosalina or his pet, as I like to call her, walkz themselves in and turn the whole night around into an unpleasant one. I froze and stared out into the night sky just thinking about how tense everything became after Blake showed up at me and Justin unexpected meeting.

My eyes began to sting once I realize I wasn't blinking, blinking I shuddered when the wind blew harder, making my hair blow all around my face. Looking out the glowing night sky once more, I turned and walked back in my warm, cozy room. I closed the patio doors and locked them. I stood there for another mere second just looking through the glass doors before my phone buzzed repeatedly, indicating my phone was getting attention.

at 3:00 o'clock in the morning?

"Who the hell would be texting me at the time of night?" I strained a whisper to myself, are they even texts? Puffing my cheeks a little, I just stood in one spot as I look at my phone across the room light shining through the bed sheets on my comfy queen size bed. I rolled my eyes to the right and tantalisingly slow walked over towards my bed. I plopped down on my bed and threw the sheets that was once covering my body carless on the edge of my bed. I pulled my phone from underneath the bed sheets and instantly look at it, seeing I had not one, not two, but three text messages from the one and only Justin Bieber.

...and why was he texting so late at night I ask myself

Even though it was strange, I smiled because that meant he was thinking of me and that could put a smile on my face in any situation I am in. Sliding my a shaken finger across the screen, I open the messages that awaited for me to read them.

From My Heart:

I can't sleep... my mind won't let me

I snorted cause this is exactly my situation as we speak, it's never fails to surprise me how much me and him are always in the situations at times. I wiped my face and opened the second message.

From My Heart:

but you're probably sleep in that warm bed of yours, I wish I was there with you

I re-read that message multiple times, my breath getting hitched in my throat every time. I sign soothly as I open the last and final message.