XIV

"Luke!" I jumped on him nearly tackling him to the ground but he regained his balance and hugged me back. He pulled away just to see my face and instantly kissed me. Of course I kissed back. :3 It was passionate and gentle, I have felt this longing in my stomach, and I just realized. This is the first time we actually kissed.

We finally pulled away after an eternity. I didn't even noticed I was crying until he brushed his fingers across my cheeks to wipe them away.

"You're okay! Thank the Gods." I let out a sigh of relief.

He chuckled and breathed deeply, "I'm fine. I'm just glad you're here."

I placed our foreheads together, and he kept his hands cupping my face.

"I'm sorry for making you worry about me, Clamhead." Luke let out.

I pulled away and wiped my tears, just in time for the skeleton to stand back up again.

"This ain't over, the leader will have you, Y/n." The skeleton said.

"Of course, you know my name. Did Nico tell you that too?" I rolled my eyes, finally gaining my confidence back.

"You're name, is famous, Y/n. The half-blood that has survived through blessings of the two Olympian Gods. The demigod that has crossed different Gods as well, including her own father."

Luke stepped forward and got to battle stance, but I faltered.

"I.. I never even saw my father! I never crossed him!" I defended.

Luke's gaze on me were sympathetic and worry. I hated him looking at me like that when he's in such a worse state than me. I should be worried about him, not the other way around.

The skeleton laughed, though it sounded like he was gargling water down his throat, which he has none.

"Perhaps a mail might reveal everything."

I didn't have time to process what he said because out of nowhere, a shadow jumped from above. I didn't need to see his face, I knew him, but his glare was more wild and his clothes hung loosely on him, like he lost another 10 pounds for the past 6 hours.

"Y/n..." He whispered but due to the place being nearly deserted, we could hear him loud and clear.

Luke stood in front of me, glaring at Nico's bent figure, "I won't let you touch her."

He chuckled humorlessly, "What makes you think I'll let you win just like that?"

"Nico, stop!" I yelled, "Why are you doing this? This isn't you!"

"Oh haha! Rich coming from you, you've never-! Not once-! Took a second to even know me! How would you know this isn't me?!"

His palm was out but it was cdunched like he was trying to raise something. The griund shook and the earth started splitting into two, he's calling the undead.
Luke stood his ground and held my waist.

"He's strong now." Luke hissed. "He must have drank some of that spiked punch as well."

I looked at him confused, "Spiked punch?"

He looked at me as Nico still tried to rip open the earth.
"Yeah it's a long story."

I took a quick glance of Nico and his skeleton warriors struggling to climb up.
"I think I only have this time. Talk to me."

"Well, Percy and the rest of the gang are in some sort of potion. They follow Nico's rules, but a few of them haven't taken the punch and they helped me get to you here. One of them was Percy."