10. Third Time Not So Lucky

Start from the beginning

I looked down at the floor. "She doesn't like me, Mom."

She looked taken aback. "Doesn't like you? How can she not like you?! You're all heart-shaped eyes for her!"

I looked at her as if she was crazy. "Heart-shaped eyes?" I repeated.

"Yeah, you know in cartoons guys and girls get big pink love hearts for eyes when they fall in love? Yeah, you're like that only your eyes stay normal because you're not a cartoon but I can see right through you. You really, really like her. Yesterday proved that."

"What do you mean?" I demanded defensively.

"Honey, the only time girls run away from you is when you've kissed them without them expecting it."

I blushed bright crimson.

Mom chuckled. "Oh my boy. You're falling hard."

"I don't fall in love."

"Sooner or later you will. It always happens."

"But she doesn't like me!" I practically shouted. "She hates me!"

Then my mother said something that I didn't expect her to say. "Then keep annoying her. Sooner or later, she will warm up to you. They always do."

Bless the wisdom of mothers!

KIARA'S POV

For the entire week, Monday to Friday, I made it my mission to avoid the annoying Baddies at all cost. Xenia, Lilith et al were very helpful; they were my eyes and ears, giving me heads' ups about Baddy locations if they happened to cross paths with the boys. 

Friday, my luck ran out and it didn't help that it was the 13th ...... I think.
My motorbike refused to start. The engine was flat. Malaki had to take me, and knowing my brother, he now parked close by to where the Baddies parked  -  at least two or three car spaces away. But that wasn't the bad luck that I had that day since, guessing that Damian's Rover was stuck in the traffic jam we had just managed to avoid. the Baddies weren't there yet.

Good.

My luck ran out at lunch. 
Lilith, Xenia, Chrissie and I spent the entire break and lunch times finishing our homework for PA (even though we don't use that abreviation in front of Chrissie since she associates it with PVA glue) and for Media; we had dumped our stuff in our lockers afterwards so we could grab a few things from the canteen, which ended up being pasta with tomato sauce, which wasn't too bad. And it didn't taste like plastic like the pasta served at my old school's canteen. The Principal fired that dinner lady in a jiffy! #LOL.  
OK, so what happened was this.

I stood up from my seat, picking up my try with the empty plate and cutlery. I had promised to meet Katya before last lesson to help her with some IT technical issues she was having with the school radio, being the OK friend that I am.
I made my way up to the small ex-office that was now the base of the school radio. No one was there, not even Katya. I shrugged, thinking nothing of it. She must have forgotten or something! I mean, Katya could be a bit of a scatter brain, I soon got to notice. I wasn't in the least suspicious ...... until I noticed something very strange, just after two minutes of assessing the equipment. 
There was nothing wrong with any of it!

"What the hell?" I whispered under my breath.

I had caught on a little too late.

The door slammed shut behind me.
"Hello, Miss Rivers."

I turned cautiously but with no fear.
Facing me were three of the people I recognised from my visions: the oh-so-obvious leader, Jack; the only female of the group who seriously puts the "vamp" in "vampire"; and the guy who had tried to knock me out with chloroform. How and why had I not seen this coming!? What was wrong with my Dimensional Scream?