2. This Means War

• Dedicated to Chiara Maio

KIARA'S POV

Xenia was hacked off at me. When we got to her mansion of a house, which was ten minutes away from my house, Xenia jumped off from the back of my motorbike and stormed to her front door without a thank you or a second glance back at me. This made me feel slightly hurt so I jumped off my bike too and rushed after her.

"Xenia. Xenia! Wait! Come on, chica, don't be mad at me," I said, trying not to sound like I was pleading with her. "Come on! You have to admit that those guys had to be put into their place sooner or later."

Xenia rounded on me. "Put into their place sooner or later?!" she repeated shrilly. She looked ready to kill me and this made me like her even more. "Are you crazy? Are you completely out of your mind?! Those boys are Satan. Or sons of Satan! One of the two but there is no way on Earth they are human, especially Griffon Woodville! They destroy anyone they feel is a threat; I managed to keep my head down and out of their radar until you arrived and just had to pick a fight with them! Anyone associated with the enemies of Griffon and his gang get hanged along with the condemned and why the hell are you laughing at me?!"

I was laughing at Xenia's misplaced concern, yes. Happy to admit it. But in my defence; A) Xenia angry was really funny  -  her face looked like an angry Jigglypuff's! Not kidding! B) I always laughed when being told off by an angry person who was slowly but visually changing colour in the face. It seriously is off-putting when you're trying to listen to the person spilling out their heart to you and try to take them seriously and listen to them but their face turns red like a tomato and inflates like a balloon.
I clamped both hands over my mouth to stop myself from laughing any further while Xenia glared daggers at me. 

She shook her head at me. "You really are a walking harbinger of doom," she said, but she was more telling it to herself than to me. "Were you really like this back in England?"

I chuckled my signature evil chuckle. "Chica, I was worse in England. If I had behaved back there in the way I acted back home, Griffon would be without a sense of smell right now."

Xenia was shocked by my confidence. "For touching your motorbike?!"

"No one messes with my property," was my plain and simple answer.

Xenia and I stood there in awkward silence for a minute before Xenia said, "Do you want to come to school with me tomorrow?"

I grinned. "Thought you'd never ask! You pick me up or shall I pick you up?"

Xenia laughed nervously. "No offence, Kiara, but motorbikes and I don't mix. I prefer to stay with my good old Volvo. Well, my brother's Volvo."

"Your brother won't mind?" I asked.

Xenia then grinned a devilish smile. "Since when do you care?" she said teasingly.

I wanted to kick myself. Damn it Kiara! Should have kept your mouth shut!

Xenia was still laughing triumphantly. "We'll pick you up tomorrow at eight. Lessons don't start until nine."

"Same in England."

"Should be used to it then!"

I scoffed.

Xenia chuckled at this. "Until tomorrow?"

I nodded curtly, turned on my heels and back to my baby. 
When I got home, my brothers were all in the ballroom-like living room, giving me the evils. 

"What the hell took you so long?" Maliki demanded.

"Ran into some trouble," I answered casually, shrugging. "It's no biggie."