10. Third Time Not So Lucky

KIARA'S POV

I explained everything to Rollo: the kidnaping, the conspiracy theories. I also mentioned my spying-by-Wicca from a couple of nights ago. I didn't mention the stuff I found with Woodville though and I definitely didn't mention the fact I went to the douchebag's house on Saturday.

Rollo dropped me off at home, quiet and still in shock. Finally when we were five minutes away from my house, he asked, "Is Kiara Rivers your real name?"

I spluttered with laughter. "Of course it is! What do you think I am? Some kind of spy?" I laughed nervously at this.

"Well, Ki, you can't exactly blame me for thinking that. You went to a school for geniuses and you have pens that shoot knock out darts," he said. "So ....... you are a spy?"

I scoffed. "Hell to the no! If I was, Griffon would be cold-stone dead."

Rollo laughed. "You two are going to marry in the future."

"Hell to the no, again!" I spluttered. "Hell no, times one hundred million!"

"I'm not kidding! He likes you."

I scoffed again. I turned my face away from Rollo so he couldn't see the blush that was slowly creeping onto my face. "Never in a million years. Even in the unlikely event that we would be both turned into vampires and forced to remain in each other's company because we risk attacking our families and what little friends we have and the President and the Queen and-"

Rollo laughed and cut me off, "You can say all that now, Kiara, but it's true. He likes you. And it hacks me off," Rollo stopped at the latter and sighed, looking slightly at his lap before turning his eyes ahead.

My cold, dead heart started to beat. Rollo ....... was jealous?! Like, OMG! Was this even possible?

"Why?!" I said through nervous laughter.

"Because we have a code, Damian, Caleb, Jason and me: if one of us date a girl and another of us is interested in the same girl, she is off-limits until she is dumped. Griffon is not respecting that code; I am seeing you and he is interfering, like at the bowling alley." Rollo clenched his hands tight around the wheel.

I smirked slightly. "Are you sure you want to keep seeing me after what happened?"

Rollo suddenly stopped the car and turned to me and wrapped one hand around my neck, making me look at him. "You really think that freaked me out?! Hahahahaha! That was not the scariest thing I had seen in my life, and it confirmed my suspicions."

"And what were they?" I asked as casually as I could manage.

"That there is more to you than the Bad Girl persona, more than the Wiccan Irish-Brit girl. That there was a reason why your family came to Salem of all places!" He chuckled but then winked. "But then again, kick-ass girls are always hot."

I blinked, shocked. This weird human not running away screaming in utter terror and calling up a witch hunt!

GRIFFON'S POV

I came home pissed off.

"How was your date, honey?" Mom asked, smiling.

I shrugged. "Was fine. Jason and Damian tied ....... again."

"I was surprised you didn't ask your charming friend Kiara Rivers. Did something happen yesterday? She left in a rather large hurry, like you had the Black Death or something. Did you argue with her? Did you hurt her feelings? I've told you before to be aware of hurting a girl's feelings, even if she says she doesn't care! Griffon Woodville ...... answer me!"