33

Reggie and I stood on either side of Moose as Cheryl sung with the Vixens, all dressed in black Vixen uniforms, standing behind her

Reggie and I stood on either side of Moose as Cheryl sung with the Vixens, all dressed in black Vixen uniforms, standing behind her. I glance over when Reggie pats Moose on his chest and the expression on Moose's face is heartbreaking. I grab his hand and he gives me a sad smile.  

"I also feel it is my duty to say that Like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime has been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister Is rightly punished." Cheryl's voice drips with anger and vengeance.  

Cheryl and I help a sobbing Mrs. Klump to her car after the funeral ends. 

"Mrs.Klump." Sheriff Keller walks over. "I just want you to know that the Sheriff's department is working-" He's cut off by Mrs.Klump hand going across his cheek. 

"You're supposed to be protecting our children! You should be ashamed of yourself!" Mrs.Klump shouts through her tears and walks to her car. 

"Your days of failing this town over and over again, are numbered, Sheriff." Cheryl says and walks off. 

"Sorry." I mumble quickly before walking away in a state of shock. 

....................................................

Reggie, Moose and I sit silently at a booth in Pop's with barely touched plates sitting in front of us. I stare at the empty seat across from me that would normally be occupied by Midge. The four of us used to come here on double dates pretty often before everything got crazy. I remember Midge and I would excuse ourselves to the restroom and talk about the boys. Honestly we would make fun of them. She was actually the one that convinced me to do the musical. It wasn't like we were best friends or anything but she was my friend. 

I feel Reggie's hand slip onto my thigh and I realize that I'm crying. I wipe my cheeks quickly, he puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his side. 

Moose shifts uncomfortably in his seat, "Uh, I think I'm gonna head home, guys." 

"Are you sure?" Reggie asks.